Assignment 2c

I am currently working on my Paper II and I am doing it on the book: The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum. I don't know if any of you have read this book, but I cannot find anything to do a commentary on (2a). So I am planning on doing a detailed study. My teacher is not very good at this so can someone explain what this is? Do I just find a passage and talk about it? What format should it be in? If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

i also am considering to do assignment 2c for my second world lit paper. You can do 3 things: 1) write a regular essay that discusses a focused feature of the work and/or a particular view of content, 2) commentary on a key passage (no more than 40 lines) where you will contextualize the passage, noting why you chose it and where it appears in the book. Then you examine the passage closely & do a commentary, and 3) analysis of key passage where you identify a passage from the book and discuss why it is central to our understanding of the work, and how it functions, for example, as a turning point in the work, or a place where many strands of the work come together or are highlighted. You can also compare two passages, showing how they function importantly in the whole book and what roles they play.

hope i helped!

• Like 1