Code on IB papers

math2

There is a code on top of IB papers, like this:

N05/2/ABSPA/HP1/SPA/TZO/XX/T

I know that it says that it is a Spanish exam paper from November 2005 term for Time Zone 0.

But can someone explain me the whole code?

It took me a while to get the papers code, but now I master the craft.

Here´s the mystery:

• The first letter indicates the paper session May or November followed by the last two digits of the year. May 2011 is M11.
  • Then there is a number that indicates the subject group, 1,2,3,4,5,or 6. A1 is 1, A2/B is 2, Humanitites are 3, Sciences 4, Math 5 and Arts 6.
  • Then, in 5 letters they indicate the name of the subject. Spanish B is ABSPA. Biology is BIOLO.
  • After that comes which component paper it is: SP1 means Standard Paper 1, HP2 means Higher Paper 2, SPM means Standard Paper Multiple (for the multiple choice paper in the sciences)
  • Then comes the language that the paper is written in. Whether it is English (ENG), Spanish (SPA) or French (FRE).
  • Then comes the Time Zone.
  • After that comes two X letters that I don´t know what they really mean. (I shall find out)
  • Some papers have a Q or a T (like languages B & ab initio) that indicate whether the paper is the text booklet or the question booklet.
    P.S. Some papers contain at the end a + sign, that Idk what it means.

As your exams are May 2013, they will begin with M13. And you´re math one might be like this: M13/5/MATME/SP1/ENG/TZ1/XX+

• Like 3