Sign in to follow this  

History EE: Help!

Hey.

I'm trying to come up with a good topic for my History Extended Essay! I'm thinking about writing my essay on the following question:

To what extent did the failure of the Bay of Pigs Invasion influence Kennedy's decision to order the 1963 South Vietnamese coup?

Is this a good topic? I mean, is it narrow enough? Can there be much analysis made around this question?

Thanks!

Guest student007
Hey.

I'm trying to come up with a good topic for my History Extended Essay! I'm thinking about writing my essay on the following question:

To what extent did the failure of the Bay of Pigs Invasion influence Kennedy's decision to order the 1963 South Vietnamese coup?

Is this a good topic? I mean, is it narrow enough? Can there be much analysis made around this question?

Thanks!

I think that's pretty good. It should be a focused narrow topic, because believe it or not, many EE go way over the 4000 word limit! I did a history EE - "To what extent was the withdrawal of the British Raj responsible for the violence that broke out in 1947 in India?" And I wrote 5000 words!

Basically, you can talk about the Bay of Pigs invasion, why it happened, why it failed. Think of other stuff that could have influenced Kennedy's decision to order the coup, weigh them all up and come to a final decision. Pretty good topic I'd say.