Architecture/business subjects help! Maths SL/HL?

lilly2293

I'm currently doing my IB year 1, 2nd term!

Subjects:

HL

Maths

Physics

Design & Technology (Better chance to get 7)

Business (same easy and better chance to achieve 7)

SL

English A1

French A2

also, I'm more than Bilingual I can speak Chinese Hakanese Korean English French and Creole which is an advantage for business fields.

As you can see I have 4 HLs and I need to drop 1 of my HLs to SL.

I'm so frustrated about my subjects and their levels!!

I need to take a decision as soon as possible concerning MATHS HL(whether to drop to SL) as the SL group is going to start their p-folio soon.

I was thinking about becoming an architect since I was 15 and my 2nd path was Business Studies!! However, I'm still not decisive for my future career.

I need help... based on my current subject choice could u please give me some advice:

- careers that I could be possibly doing in the future?

- Should I drop Maths to SL? or other subject to SL?

I would really like to go to USA -UCLA, YALE, or other prestigious university if possible. I will be doing my SATs too!

Also may I know what do Uni. look at a candidate applying for Architecture or Business Studies?? Subjects wise and score too!

Other than Architect and Business, what other careers could I be able to do with those combos!?

Do I need Maths/Physics HL??

Plz help! I really need someone to clear out my doubts!

I've ask to many representatives of diff. uni around the world some do not even know about IB what is HL and SL :S

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

I think your subjects apply well to both fields: architecture and business. For architecture you have: Math, Physics, and D&T. And for business you have: B&M, Math, D&T and French A2. I think you´re in the right path for the Ivy´s. Just ace the SATs and your extra curriculars, and of course IB. Stick to your current subjects and work your ass off!!

• Like 1

I'm currently doing my IB year 1, 2nd term!

Subjects:

HL

Maths

Physics

Design & Technology (Better chance to get 7)

Business (same easy n better chance to achieve 7)

SL

English A1

French A2

also, I'm more than Bilingual I can speak Chinese Hakanese Korean English French and Creole which is an advantage for business fields.

As u can see I have 4 HLs and I need to drop 1 of my HLs to SL.

I'm so frustrated about my subjects and their levels!!

I need to take a decision as soon as possible concerning MATHS HL(whether to drop to SL) as the SL group is going to start their p-folio soon.

I was thinking about becoming an architect since I was 15 and my 2nd path was Business Studies!! However, I'm still not decisive for my future career.

I need help... based on my current subject choice could u plz give me some advice:

- careers that I could be possibly doing in the future?

- Should I drop Maths to SL? or other subject to SL?

I would really like to go to USA -UCLA, YALE, or other prestigious university if possible. I will be doing my SATs too!

Also may I know what do Uni. look at a candidate applying for Architecture or Business Studies?? Subjects wise and score too!

Other than Architect and Business, what other careers could I be able to do with those combos!?

Do I need Maths/Physics HL??

Plz help! I really need someone to clear out my doubts!

I've ask to many representatives of diff. uni around the world some do not even know about IB what is HL and SL :S

Hey lilly2293,

you seem to have a dilemma and i used to have the same before. But remember that the requirements are not generalised. Some universities have varying requirements since they decide to adapt with the ongoing changes in the modern world.

As for your career, Architect is nowadays a very common field. How about an engineer?

I'm not really an expert, just decided to give you some friendly advice! ;)

• Like 1

Well, from what I've seen of your subjects combination you're more likely to become an engineer and after you mentioned you were most likely to score a 7 in Design and Technology why don't you try aiming for careers such as:

• System Engineer
  • Electric Engineer
  • All other engineerings haha.

Anyways, you can also become an industrial engineer, you said you selected Bus&Man, well... that's clearly related to this one!

:)

• Like 1