Summer preparation for IB2

wombat123

So IB1 is coming to a close for me as summer vacation approaches. I'm really disappointed in myself for not being able to score more 7's so far, as I really need to score high on my diploma since I know I need as many scholarships and financial aid as possible to help pay for my university.

Are there any good ways to prepare this summer for the workload in IB2? I was thinking of making bio study guides, and I'm aiming to finish my rough draft for the EE. Any other ideas?

Hey, I´ll tell you what you can do:

* Plan your CAS activities for the year ahead. You may want to finish CAS during the first semester.

* Choose a prescribed title for your TOK essay and plan how to tackle it in an original way, just as the IB likes.

* Finish your rough plan for your EE.

* Revise for the mathematics course you´re taking. IB2 Math requires full knowledge of IB1 Math. So exercise!

* If you have any pending IA from IB1 finish it.

* Start to think how you will write IB2 Internal Assessments such as history, math, or others.

* Most important thing: RELAX AND HAVE FUN IB2 will be a long, tough year, where you will want holidays. Starting in september you will have to study a lot, write millions of papers, and manage your grades. To be successful in the latter you need to relax during summer and don´t make of summer an IB intensive course. Just relax and be well prepared for the year ahead!!! good luck!!

• Like 1

Hey, I´ll tell you what you can do:

* Plan your CAS activities for the year ahead. You may want to finish CAS during the first semester.

* Choose a prescribed title for your TOK essay and plan how to tackle it in an original way, just as the IB likes.

* Finish your rough plan for your EE.

* Revise for the mathematics course you´re taking. IB2 Math requires full knowledge of IB1 Math. So exercise!

* If you have any pending IA from IB1 finish it.

* Start to think how you will write IB2 Internal Assessments such as history, math, or others.

* Most important thing: RELAX AND HAVE FUN IB2 will be a long, tough year, where you will want holidays. Starting in september you will have to study a lot, write millions of papers, and manage your grades. To be successful in the latter you need to relax during summer and don´t make of summer an IB intensive course. Just relax and be well prepared for the year ahead!!! good luck!!

I agree with bigbangfan. :)

It would also be recommendable to buy some books (I'd recommend the Oxford study guides), and revise over the summer.

Two weeks of full studying, and the rest of the holidays you should relax!