French SL Paper 2

cgjames

Please do not post on this tread untill 24 hours after you sat this exam! I am trying to remember what number 3 was for the french sl paper two. Any help that you could give me would be appreciated. I have a good idea, but i cant remember it specifically. If you remember what it was and it is after tuesday may 24th please help me.

a guide is characterized by extensive use of imperatif verbs, like "Allez au supermarche!!" eg commands. Also numbering helps, provide steps or facts like:

Allez A France!!

-Eiffel tower

-tour de france

des boutiques et patisseries

or

Etudiez Francais par

-Lisez des livres

-ecrivez des texts

but those aren't too many points off if you didn't.

There should also be a title, but no date and I don't think you put your name but I'm not sure...

oh no. I didn't use imperative or point form at all :(

I only practiced informal letters and diary entries, so I was very disappointed that we didn't get either option for Paper 2.

I did question 3 and I didn't use imperative or point form either - I don't feel like the question really lent itself to that kind of thing.. Because it wasn't a guide about something like 'healthy eating' where you can list simple instructions, it was more like "If you want to (blah blah blah), then you should (blah blah blah)", and then spend a while elaborating on that point. If that makes any sense! After the exam when I told my teacher I wrote a guide, he said "oh so did you use the imperative, that sort of thing?" and I was like, CRAP.. But when I told him what I did he said that was fine.

I didn't like the question much though. Bit dull. But I wasn't particularly keen on any of the questions really! Never mind, at least I liked the reading paper!

Anyone do number 1 (le discours)?

I did. High 5

Awesome! I actually love writing speeches. I was kind of disappointed there was no journal intime or lettre personnelle though. I was just wondering, it said it was a debate... so did if have to be argumentative? What exactly did you argue for/ against?

I did. High 5

Awesome! I actually love writing speeches. I was kind of disappointed there was no journal intime or lettre personnelle though. I was just wondering, it said it was a debate... so did if have to be argumentative? What exactly did you argue for/ against?

I think I argued that we needed change, becuase wasnt that the only way to argue it? the prompt to make better public transportation. I think when it said it was a debate, it meant you needed to argue against the other people. So think of what the opposite argument would say and then argue against it. Like even though it may cost a lot, blah blah blah

Format wise, what did you do? I just wrote a title, and date but im not sure if that was needed. And how long was your paper? Mine was 3 sides (single sides, single line)

I did. High 5

I think I argued that we needed change, becuase wasnt that the only way to argue it? the prompt to make better public transportation. I think when it said it was a debate, it meant you needed to argue against the other people. So think of what the opposite argument would say and then argue against it. Like even though it may cost a lot, blah blah blah

Format wise, what did you do? I just wrote a title, and date but im not sure if that was needed. And how long was your paper? Mine was 3 sides (single sides, single line)

I rant about public transit all the time, so I basically did just that. :P

The discours was the only format I was really familiar with in the selection we had. So that was another reason I chose it. I did a title and I wrote the date. Other than that, I included a "I will be speaking to you about blahblahblah"

I finished super early, so I counted how many words I had, and it was about 330...

I did. High 5

Format wise:

Title

Bonjour. Je m'appelle __________________. Je suis ici pour vous parler au sujet de ___________________.

<<speech>>

Merci!!

I can't remember how long mine was. Definitely over 250 words. I think I used 2 or 3 sheets of paper.

I kind of implied my argument since we're not actually debating with the mayor, right?? :/ . I asked a few rhetorical questions... Like: Will it cost a lot? No, because there are a lot of bus routes that no one ever takes. We should move those buses to more populated areas of the city... etc...

But basically the point of my speech was to explain why change was needed and suggestions on how to improve it.

I made really stupid mistakes grammar wise on the exam though. I accidentally used subjunctive with the same subject... I was going to change it but then I forgot and didn't realize until after I handed in my exam. *headdesk*

@ CanadianIBgirl...I rant about public transit all the time too! :)

Edited by SmilingAtLife:)

• 2 months later...

I actually enjoyed P2. However, the main choices I struggled between choosing were the story and the brochure, as those were the only two in which I felt comfortable. I ended up doing the brochure, because I wasn't sure if the story had a specific format. But, having never done a brochure before, I was weary of its format as well. I didn't put into point form, but I used columns, headers, and suffocated it with subjunctive. I ended up getting my predicted 7.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...