Psychology IA

Access Denied

im writing up my IA and on the method design and wondering if my experimental design can be

a laboratory experiment which allows for the controla nd establishment of a cause and effect relationship between independent and dependent variables. the experiemnet was also a single-blind experiment as the participants did not know the hypothesis but the researcher did.

can that be possible of can i only have one or the other i am a bit confused over what an experimental design is

thank you

That sounds fine, the design is how you've created your experiment so it includes the IV and DV. If you are curious about what the design section looks like then you can have a look at some samples. Also what is the IV and DV of your experiment? What do you plan to do?

The single blind method is related to the design - think about it as related to the dimension of what the participants are allowed to know.

The other dimension is how you are testing the variables - this is a lab experiment with a controlled setting in an attempt to establish a cause-effect relationship of the IV on the DV.

So you can't really say single blind vs anything because they are both part of the design, does that make sense?