French SL Paper 1

vira.may

I remember putting the option "The children only help their parents on the fields during the holidays", or something like that, for one of the text A questions. And something about the organisation trying to help the children to improve? Might have been B and F, unless I'm getting mixed up with another question. Then for the last one, I said the volunteers didn't have to bring their own equipment (option A).

I thought one of the questions for text B was quite ambiguous - the true or false one about Monaco(?) being strongly restricted in what it could do because it was small. In the text, it kind of admitted that it would be limited, but at the same time was being optimistic about it, so I don't know which answer they were looking for there. I put false in the end.

What did anyone put for the synonym for "atteindre"? I specifically came across that word when I revised, but still didn't know which word they were looking for!

I put false also for the monaco being restricted thing. It just felt like they really weren't going to be restricted all that much from what I was reading unless I read it all wrong...

For those synonyms ones I really just take the meaning of the word and then find the verb in the text that would seem to fit the meaning by the context XD I don't remember what I put down though =/

For the text A first question, I chose B and E at first, and then changed it to D and E. I think B was "the children only help their parents during the holidays", but the word "seul" randomly surrounded by commas in that sentence didn't sound right, so I changed it.

I personally found text D a lot more difficult than the past papers.

harder than most of the practices. Never seen the vocab on the text/questions before. I struggled with text A. What'd you guys put for the two multiple choice of A and the 2 main points of that originzation helping the kids?

I thought it was okay... and for the main points, i chose C and E

I think my teacher said that the correct answer was B and E for the first question... but there was quite a bit of discussion on this one as the question was so vague... the "seul" really threw me off.

D said that the children weren't doing well in school because they missed a lot of days in school. That's true too isn't it, because there were a lot of strikes, therefore they missed school???

The easiest text for me was text C, and the most difficult was text B... because the questions seemed kind of ambiguous to me.

I found it more difficult than the practise exams from previous years, oh well.

I think my teacher said that the correct answer was B and E for the first question... but there was quite a bit of discussion on this one as the question was so vague... the "seul" really threw me off.

D said that the children weren't doing well in school because they missed a lot of days in school. That's true too isn't it, because there were a lot of strikes, therefore they missed school???

The easiest text for me was text C, and the most difficult was text B... because the questions seemed kind of ambiguous to me.

I agree, the "seul" threw me off as well... but D seems to make a lot of sense as well. I guess we'll see in July.

I found Text D really difficult. Anyone else agree? I couldn't think of 10 points to say at all!

I agree, the "seul" threw me off as well... but D seems to make a lot of sense as well. I guess we'll see in July.

I found Text D really difficult. Anyone else agree? I couldn't think of 10 points to say at all!

I basically reworked the entire text into my email. I don't think you always need 10 points. It depends on the text. On some exams from previous years they expected a lot less than 10 points to get your 10/10.

This is similar to what I did (except in French, of course! :) )

Hi __________,

You know how you suggested that I should ride my bike more? Well, I tried getting around on my bike for a week, and it was a great experience. I biked to work and to school. It was a lot easier than I thought. There are more and more bike lanes in Montreal. Biking is becoming more and more popular, ___% of people use their bikes as their main method of transportation. I'm not very athletic, but that's ok, it's easy to get around and I usually don't need to bike more than 5km. Best of all, I could wear whatever I wanted as long as I had a helmet on ... I never got my clothes dirty! Once I even wore a dress when biking to a party! With reflectors, I could bike during the day and at night. I didn't have to worry about my bike getting stolen, because it has an anti theft device. Biking is also very cheap, I do not have a very expensive bike, and it still worked fine. I feel so free when I'm biking because I can go wherever I want! I will definitely get around by bike more in the future. We should go biking together someday. Thanks for such a great idea!!!

~ Name

Edited by SmilingAtLife:)
  • Like 1

I basically reworked the entire text into my email. I don't think you always need 10 points. It depends on the text. On some exams from previous years they expected a lot less than 10 points to get your 10/10.

This is similar to what I did (except in French, of course! :) )

Hi __________,

You know how you suggested that I should ride my bike more? Well, I tried getting around on my bike for a week, and it was a great experience. I biked to work and to school. It was a lot easier than I thought. There are more and more bike lanes in Montreal. Biking is becoming more and more popular, ___% of people use their bikes as their main method of transportation. I'm not very athletic, but that's ok, it's easy to get around and I usually don't need to bike more than 5km. Best of all, I could wear whatever I wanted as long as I had a helmet on ... I never got my clothes dirty! Once I even wore a dress when biking to a party! With reflectors, I could bike during the day and at night. I didn't have to worry about my bike getting stolen, because it has an anti theft device. Biking is also very cheap, I do not have a very expensive bike, and it still worked fine. I feel so free when I'm biking because I can go wherever I want! I will definitely get around by bike more in the future. We should go biking together someday. Thanks for such a great idea!!!

~ Name

IM scared.. Did the prompt say your friend has convinced you to ride a bike, or you are trying to convince a friend?

IM scared.. Did the prompt say your friend has convinced you to ride a bike, or you are trying to convince a friend?

the prompt said your friend convinced you to ride a bike.

i believe it said your friend was trying to convince you not to ride a bike, but you tried it and liked it.

Really? Most of my classmates said they put "thanks for the great idea" or something along those lines. :S Now I'm scared.

• 1 month later...