Silence between Nora + Torvald and Roberto + Paulina

BraZ

Hello and thank you for visiting my topic,

Currently my world literature topic is ' The use of silence in language and how it is observed between the character conflicts of Gerardo and Paulina Escobar from ' Death and the Maiden' in comparison to that of Nora and Torvald from 'A Dolls House'

I am having some issues right now as my first draft is due within the next 4 days and Im sort of lost with my main body, could someone throw me some pointers based on these texts in reference to my topic

hello, I only read Doll's House and not the other work, but I think there was no silence between Nora and Torvald? was there any? when? because I remember lies but not silences :S or maybe there were some.. but I don't know, maybe there were but it wasn't a dominant element in the work. is it possible for you to change your topic?

• 3 weeks later...

A Doll's House is a play, so the only way to actually say "this is my example of silence" is to note where Ibsen specifically wrote out the direction of "pause." You could maybe keep the same spirit of investigation, but look instead at the nature/character of the two relationships, and use stage direction as an example.