AP Statistics

math2

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth taking AP Statistics?

• Yes
    • No

I'll start my first year of IB next year, and I'll be taking the following classes:

IB English HL I

IB French 4 (first year of B HL)

IB Spanish 5 (second year of B HL)

IB History SL

IB Physics HL I

IB Math SL

Online Latin

I'm debating whether or not I should change my online Latin class to AP Statistics. If I take the online Latin, it will be an easy class, and I will have time to do my homework in that class. But I think that Stats would be more useful since I might study math in college.

Spanish, French, and Math will be easy for me, I'm 100% sure. I'm not too concerned about Physics, but I'm not that good at History and English.

So, would it be too much work if I take six IB classes and AP Statistics?

Edited by math2

I know some schools actually enroll their students taking Math SL into Pre-calc and AP Stats in IB1 and then Calculus in IB2. If you can manage, why not? It looks more appeasing to have an additional amount of APs, rather than a myriad of introductory languages.

Seeing as you already have 2 languages (French and Spanish), I wouldn't recommend adding a new one to it; it would make it appear to college like you didn't know which you wanted to study, UNLESS you want to study languages in college. If that's the case, go ahead and take Latin. But if not, I would take AP Stats.

Edited by elmar

I do want to study languages in college, but not Latin. I also want to study math. I chose the online Latin class after considering the amount of work I'd get in my 6 IB classes. But after thinking that I'm not that interested in Latin and that Stats might be required in college, I feel like I should just take Stats now if it's not too hard.