HL ITGS

MishallA

I need suggestions as to what to do for my ITGS IA. I was going to create an online catalog for a small business I knew, but they went bankrupt so I no know what to do. Does anybody have suggestions of what I can do beside a website or catalog?

From my time in the course, (long time) I've found that the best thing to do for the IA is a multi-layered database. Not too much, but a little more than a customer contact info database or something like that. If you can tie several databases together, thats usually best.

I'm working on a large database that could be used to keep most things in a school organized. I have three main sections that take care of library books, staff and student information, and a mix of schedules and grades.

It should be put together in such a way that I can have an output screen for each type of item, and have each output screen include information from all main databases.

For example, the output screen for a student should have the student's information, an overview of their report card, and a summary of their library status. Or, the output screen for a book should have a list of people who took out the book (identified by name and student number), the condition of the book, information on the book, and classes applicable to the book if it is a textbook.

There should also be output screens for classes, teachers, and report cards, and there should be output screens with database entry lists, such as a list of all the students, thats easy to navigate. My program will also have searching and sorting algorithms that are flexible enough to deal with a variety of data types and also basic entry creation, deletion, and editing functions.

I would recommend this sort of format for whatever you plan on doing because it gets a 7 almost every time (as long as it doesn't stink) and it's not that hard. I might be overdoing it a little, but I'm not planing on taking the risk of easing up without more surety.

I hope this was helpful

-Kaden

• 1 month later...
From my time in the course, (long time) I've found that the best thing to do for the IA is a multi-layered database. Not too much, but a little more than a customer contact info database or something like that. If you can tie several databases together, thats usually best.

I'm working on a large database that could be used to keep most things in a school organized. I have three main sections that take care of library books, staff and student information, and a mix of schedules and grades.

It should be put together in such a way that I can have an output screen for each type of item, and have each output screen include information from all main databases.

For example, the output screen for a student should have the student's information, an overview of their report card, and a summary of their library status. Or, the output screen for a book should have a list of people who took out the book (identified by name and student number), the condition of the book, information on the book, and classes applicable to the book if it is a textbook.

There should also be output screens for classes, teachers, and report cards, and there should be output screens with database entry lists, such as a list of all the students, thats easy to navigate. My program will also have searching and sorting algorithms that are flexible enough to deal with a variety of data types and also basic entry creation, deletion, and editing functions.

I would recommend this sort of format for whatever you plan on doing because it gets a 7 almost every time (as long as it doesn't stink) and it's not that hard. I might be overdoing it a little, but I'm not planing on taking the risk of easing up without more surety.

I hope this was helpful

-Kaden

Hey, am doing pretty much the same for my IA, well not as much as you are doing but just a grade management system for all the teachers in the school. I am planning to create a dynamic website that connects to the database and the teachers can access it to edit students academic performance. I just needed help with the layout of the database and how to connect them. Is it possible for you to post the relationship report of your database. if possible you can send it to my mail [email protected]