Is Macbeth a World Literature?

If I remember correctly in world literature 2 papers I think you can use 1 non-world it book (not fully sure). So if "Like Water For Chocolate" is under your world lit books list then I think it should be fine to compare it to Macbeth.

Edited by master135

If I remember correctly in world literature 2 papers I think you can use 1 non-world it book (not fully sure). So if "Like Water For Chocolate" is under your world lit books list then I think it should be fine to compare it to Macbeth.

I have never heard this, and am 90% sure that this would be incorrect.

You might be thinking about the language requirements for the English EE.

Say for world lit 2

I wish to compare macbeth and Like Water For Chocolate.

can i do this for 2a?

Which country are you from? In the English speaking countries, Macbeth cannot be considered as a world lit. text because it's originally written in English. World lit. texts are originally written in a language foreign to the country you're doing your IB diploma in, but translated into English. For example, I'm from Australia and I read One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, which was originally written in Spanish.

Just to be sure for anyone in doubt - I just verified my previous statement from the language A1 syllabus (99):

"Assignment 2a is a comparative study based on an aspect of one World Literature work

and one Language A1 work, chosen from any part of the school’s syllabus."

Edited by master135