Math HL IB1 exam coming up... help!

nk.

Ok so i have my IB1 Final Exam coming up in a few days, and ive been studying the math syllabus up to calculus cause thats as far as were gonna be tested, the thing is studying concepts isnt the hard part, its just every time i study a topic extensively do some practice problems and feel ready.... i open the past paper to tackle a problem and its just too much of a mind****! . its like the questions are on a higher plane of thought completely...

i know its supposed to be hard - its math higher, your expected to do hard **** and get it right - but every single time i go back and study more i come back to the past paper and i really feel like its a struggle to do the question, let alone do it in the time ill need to do it in the exam

I just dont know what to do, should i take a few past papers and look at the markscheme and memorize the kind of questions they ask and then apply that? cause i thought the whole point was that after studying independently and getting taught and doing problems you where supposed to be prepared for the exam, evidently not x_x help! i feel like if take past papers and look at the markscheme to see how they did it after failing to do it myself, ill still be lost on exam day :(