a good article for section 5?

I'm just getting started on my second commentary on development economics, however I haven't got a clue as to what type of article I should be looking for!

I know that it should include certain aspects that I can link to the syllabus and all, but I'm afraid that it will end up being no more than a summary of the section!

Has anyone got an example of a good article or a commentary illustrating how I should approach the task?

I'm just getting started on my second commentary on development economics, however I haven't got a clue as to what type of article I should be looking for!

I know that it should include certain aspects that I can link to the syllabus and all, but I'm afraid that it will end up being no more than a summary of the section!

Has anyone got an example of a good article or a commentary illustrating how I should approach the task?

A good method is to go to google, pick a random developing country, put the name in "..." and type news at the end (just remember the article has to have been written at most 6 months prior to when you started your IB diploma course, anything older won't do). You should get all sorts of stuff about that country including problems its currently facing and the solutions the government are trying to put forward. This topic is very macro related but the main themes your should be looking for are: growth strategies (export led/import substitution), poverty cycles and solutions e.g. micro-financing, problems facing developing countries (resource exploration, inequality gap, environmental and political consequences ect.)

Basically any article which explores problems in a developing country will allow you to analyse and evaluate. To avoid doing a commentry, stick your AD/AS diagrams and development models in.

• Like 1