Sign in to follow this  

Question about raising my GPA...

Hi guys/girls...as you can tell Im new here...for the first 2 marking periods this year, Ive really screwed up...not paying attention in class and half assing my homework...ive come to the realization that if i dont get serious NOW im bound to fail...my GPA weighted is an 82 (horrible, i know, no need to tell me) from a 93 last year as a sophomore...I was wondering if anyone could help me out by telling me what range my GPA would have to be for the last 2 marking periods of this year as well as the first of next year for me to bring my GPA back up to at least a 90...thanks a lot, im really worried...

all i can think of is to study, take good notes, and do your homework... and kollgecko is right... talk to your teachers or school counserlor....

i have never sen a GPA in that way.... interesting.

all i can think of is to study, take good notes, and do your homework... and kollgecko is right... talk to your teachers or school counserlor....

i have never sen a GPA in that way.... interesting.

thanks for the tips...and what do you mean by the last sentence??

i live in the states... GPAs are on a 4.0 scale although if you take a lot of weighted classes (and online if i still live in FL) you could get it to a 5.0

oh..well you can use the conversion scale...my GPA used to be a 3.7 now its about a 3.0

Guest syrianstar

I think you should talk to your teachers and IB counseller and see what they have to say.

When one of the girls in my class gets a low GPA she does extra bonus work which the teacher grades and enters into the system in the hope that it will raise it. I don't think that's a very good idea because it gets kind of unfair since some girls completely fail their tests then they end up doing easy questions/assignments to make up for it. Anyway some other teachers give the whole class extra assignments to help them raise their GPA.

I hope this helps <_<

Guest syrianstar
if you have relationships or connections, talk to your teachers into changing your grades <_<

LOL that's funny - you say it like its the most obvious thing in the world! ;) Of course it is XD

But personally I don't like that idea very much; I'd rather I worked hard to raise it myself rather than getting the teacher to do it for me *shrug*