What percentage of people get 7 in HL? And how difficult is it?

i love ib lol jk

Well I do not have history HL but I know a lot of people from my school that do. Most of them do not consider it to be a difficult subject and usually get a 6 or a 7. But according to the IBO statistics of May 2010 only 2% of all candidates got a 7 in history HL so it certainly is a challenging subject.

(In case you need the statistics for future reference: http://www.ibo.org/facts/statbulletin/dpstats/documents/May2010Statisticalbulletin.pdf )

Well I do not have history HL but I know a lot of people from my school that do. Most of them do not consider it to be a difficult subject and usually get a 6 or a 7. But according to the IBO statistics of May 2010 only 2% of all candidates got a 7 in history HL so it certainly is a challenging subject.

(In case you need the statistics for future reference: http://www.ibo.org/facts/statbulletin/dpstats/documents/May2010Statisticalbulletin.pdf )

Wow dude those statistics are really interesting; thanks :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My school has a huge success rate for HL History..but mainly because our teacher is absolutely amazing. I think last year, in a class of 23 students, 12 got 7s, 8 got 6s and the rest got 5s. Honestly, HL History requires lots of practice, a good memory and generally good writing skills. If you have all three, you'll do absolutely fine on the exam. The practice is really important in my opinion. Your 45 minute essays only get better with the more practice you do. And in all honestly, the better you do on those essays, the better you do on your IAs and eventually your exam. We usually do an essay once a week, if not twice. In fact, next week we have an essay on Stalin every single day.

It's this practice that ultimately results in our class getting 7s in the past few years. So definitely practice writing those essays!