Magnetic flux density

ib2

We recently did an internal about finding the magnetic flux density (B), by rearranging the formula F=BIL to B=F/IL. This was done, and a graph was drawn on exceel. Y-axis representing force (F) and the x-axis representing I*L (Current and length of the wire). Afterwards, the gradient was found to be 0.033 (or sth) Tesla, while the Tesla-meter (lit. value) gave me 0.022 Tesla. My question is, why is this so? Can someone describe why I got a higher value..or at least what can be discussed?

Have you checked for systematic error? Have you propagated your uncertainties? You're 0.033 might have an uncertainty that includes 0.022 which makes your results fine.

if i take my uncertainty in to consideration (being +- 0.00125) the min value will give me 0.029 or sth, so still im far off..however, as u mention i have brought up the systematic error because the y-intersect point is at -o.ooo1. Im more thinking of theoretical approach to my problem, cause i have mentioned the faults in the equipment

Oh, I have no idea then :(

I avoided that because this is HL and we didn't do it :P Thought I'd just bring up the basic stuff if anything

ooh i see, all of my classmates did it, even the SL students