is my topic alright? (: please help!

Hi so the two books im using for my WL 1 is Chroincle of a Death Foretold & Pedro Paramo.

My topic is "Authors' portrayals of father figures and how they contribute to the destruction of their societies."

and the father figures would be divided majorly into two groups: the church father figures (priests) & the male head of families.

any suggestion please? (:

Edited by ssskim

I've not read both of those but your topic sounds like a good one to me, it's definitely along the right lines. All I would say is to be careful that you don't give yourself too much to answer in the question - you want your essay to thoroughly answer the question 100%, so just make sure that dividing the father figures up into 2 categories doesn't accidentally leave you with too much you want to say and not enough words to say it in.

Having not read the texts, however, I'm not sure whether that's the case! Your topic may be the perfect length for an essay, I'm just mentioning it so you can check :)

I have not read the works either and your topic seems to have potential to me as well. Although you are the better judge, but to me it would sound better to say "The portrayal of how the father figures contribute to the destruction of society in Chroincle of a Death Foretold and Pedro Paramo".