3 years of Chemistry, yes or no?

christinaisweird

I did not fail chemistry as you would expect, quite the opposite.

I am an IB diploma candidate and I am considering my hl to be chem, as for the only reason I would go to this extent of having took chemistry for so long.

Is 3 consecutive years of chemistry appealing on transcripts?

biology in freshmen year(9th grade), chemistry (regular, 10th), chem sl(11th), chem HL(upcoming senior, 12th)

Depends on the program you want in college. If you want to do chemical engineering then I'm sure 3 years is basically required. But you're also in the US so really any HL looks good. Chem is one of the "harder" ones also so it would look good if you kept an A in it XD

Depends on the program you want in college. If you want to do chemical engineering then I'm sure 3 years is basically required. But you're also in the US so really any HL looks good. Chem is one of the "harder" ones also so it would look good if you kept an A in it XD

I'm definitely aiming for USC for kinesiology or Cal Poly-SLO, for other UCs, something along the lines of Biology. The only thing I am for sure set on is Kinesiology.

ok..well sure switch to Chem HL... Mind giving us your other subjects. And to address this appeal to universities, it doesnt really matter as long as you get predicted a good mark.

for my 2nd year:

Eng. 4HL

History of the Americas HL

ToK

Math SL

Spanish SL (HL if Chem does not work out)

Chem HL

Can you clarify your statement of "this appeal to universities..."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely aiming for USC for kinesiology or Cal Poly-SLO, for other UCs, something along the lines of Biology. The only thing I am for sure set on is Kinesiology.

ok..well sure switch to Chem HL... Mind giving us your other subjects. And to address this appeal to universities, it doesnt really matter as long as you get predicted a good mark.

for my 2nd year:

Eng. 4HL

History of the Americas HL

ToK

Math SL

Spanish SL (HL if Chem does not work out)

Chem HL

Can you clarify your statement of "this appeal to universities..."

It means that universities will see that you are taking Chem HL, and they will take you into account.

• 2 weeks later...

At my school all IB courses are two years long... regardless of whether the course is SL or HL.

That being said, American universities do not care whether you take the course SL or HL (unless you're trying to receive college credit), in fact, unless it specifies it on your transcript they won't even be able to tell which HLs or SLs you took.

I would recommend you take HL though as two years of IB chemistry would look better than one.