Need help finding newspaper archives

Rio

Hey, I'm doing my History EE about appeasement and its role in the outbreak of the Second World War. I've been trying to look for different (UK) newspaper archives, I know The Times has a good online archive, but I can't seem to find other proper ones... And also my knowledge of UK newspapers is quite limited, can you help? :(

Hello,

You need access to something called the Lexus Nexus which is the archive for all the British Newspapers online since yonks ago. I know this because I did a journalism degree and we were taught how to use it.

I think you can get automatic access to it from any UK University server so if you have any friends who are in a UK uni ask them to access it for you :) this is not entirely legal, but as long as you don't redistribute it I think it's fine :)

The Guardian is a good UK newspaper, not sure if you already tried that.

I checked their old archives, seem pretty good, thanks!

Hello,

You need access to something called the Lexus Nexus which is the archive for all the British Newspapers online since yonks ago. I know this because I did a journalism degree and we were taught how to use it.

I think you can get automatic access to it from any UK University server so if you have any friends who are in a UK uni ask them to access it for you :) this is not entirely legal, but as long as you don't redistribute it I think it's fine :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it! :)