Anorexia Nervosa

littlemouse

Hello . I have decided to write about anorexia nervosa for my extended essay. Im going to discuss the factors causing the anorexia nervosa . I was thinking whether it would be acceptable including the

symptoms and hazards in the extended essay ?

On the other hand , i would be glad to discuss with someone about their extended essay on anorexia nervosa if they did a similar one. :)

please it would help me alot.

First off, what subject is your extended essay in? Biology? Psychology? The appropriateness depends on the subject you are writing in. Symptoms and hazards are not factors that cause anorexia, however, they are more byproducts of anorexia (unless I have misread).

• Like 1

I was just reading the guide today.

Anorexia nervosa was under the psychology subject guidelines, and the guidelines explicably mentioned as one subject that was bit touchy for IB students, seeing as they do not have the time or the experience in subjects such as eating disorders (I'm roughly quoting the guidelines, but I'm too lazy to go through the whole guide just to find them at the moment).

I would suggest finding a new topic. If the IB guide mentions it as difficult and unobtainable, I would stretch to attempt a different approach/question, or even a different subject.