Revision Guides

It's getting close to exam time for me (mocks that is) and I was wondering if it was worth investing in some Revision Guides?

A couple of the second years, or former second years I should say, recommended the OSC HL Maths book and I also noticed they do one for HL Chem and Physics too. But I am not too sure as I know that the same publisher can make rubbish textbooks for one subject and a brilliant one for another subject.

So yeah, not just the OSC any advise on any revision guides or revision in general would be vastly appreciated.

The OSC guide for biology SL was part of our 'normal' books, and I also ordered a revision guide for every other subject I have (except Dutch, because they don't have anything for that). I use the one for bio quite regularly, and I think it's really useful for quick revision, you can just quickly look something up. However, I have noticed quite a few spelling mistakes in that guide, so I don't know how trustworthy these guides really are. I think you could just use them as a back up, just make sure you take your own notes in class/from your other books and study from those in the first place, then use the guides to do the questions in them and do some additional revision.

The OSC guide for biology SL was part of our 'normal' books, and I also ordered a revision guide for every other subject I have (except Dutch, because they don't have anything for that). I use the one for bio quite regularly, and I think it's really useful for quick revision, you can just quickly look something up. However, I have noticed quite a few spelling mistakes in that guide, so I don't know how trustworthy these guides really are. I think you could just use them as a back up, just make sure you take your own notes in class/from your other books and study from those in the first place, then use the guides to do the questions in them and do some additional revision.

But are they worth it? All of my teachers seem to have one and i was planning on buying them..