What is the hardest IB Standard Level Subject in Your Opinion?

khalid

Hmm well English A1 SL is almost the same as English A1 HL.

Really? Isn't the difference that Language A1 HL has a higher workload?

you read more books i.e. you have more workload.

difficulty wise, they are pretty much the same except for paper 1 where you have guiding questions in SL but not in HL.

HL does 2 WL, SL does 1 WL.

Edited by Desy Glau

I would say Chemistry SL. I used to take both Chemistry SL & Physics HL and I actually found chemistry to be slightly more difficult!! Obviously physics required much more time and the material was hard and all but when it came to exams I found the 7 much much easier to achieve in physics HL

Maybe its because the boundaries in chemistry are so high but I also think that in general the difficulty of chemistry SL even in terms of questions etc. was not really that much less than the HL science as I would've expected...

I really don't understand why the boundaries for chemistry are always high!!

I also HATED Arabic A1 SL, but that's just probably because I absolutely hate literature and languages and not because its difficult...(Although I do think that it is almost exactly the same in difficulty as HL)

In general I think I had a better time with my HL subjects (Mostly Math & Physics HL). They definitely weren't easier..but I just liked them more and enjoyed working on them :)

Edited by n0urhan