Commentary word count

The examiner is probably not going to count every single word to make sure that you meet the word limit. So if you're 1 word over/under the limit there's a pretty good chance they will not notice (unless you write on the cover sheet that you have 751 words in your commentary (limit is 750), which is silly. But there's a chance you could get a weird examiner who will count every single word. To be safe just cut words by rephrasing, or if you have to, cut out less important points.

Oh, okay. The thing is, I found out that we were supposed to include the word on our diagrams too late. So now I've delivered a commentary with 733 words + everything on the diagrams! Combined, I'm guessing that they will amount to ca 770 words or more.

Since we're not allowed to make any changes after having handed in our papers, I guess all I can do is to cross my fingers and hope for a kind examinator?

Oh, okay. The thing is, I found out that we were supposed to include the word on our diagrams too late. So now I've delivered a commentary with 733 words + everything on the diagrams! Combined, I'm guessing that they will amount to ca 770 words or more.

Since we're not allowed to make any changes after having handed in our papers, I guess all I can do is to cross my fingers and hope for a kind examinator?

Yeah I think all you can hope for now is a lenient examiner :P They may not notice since you're only 20 over the limit but yeah unfortunately there's a chance they will... You will lose a mark under criteria A if they notice, but the IA is only worth 25%.

I heard from my teacher that they just pick a line, count the number of words in that line, and multiply it by the number of lines that you have. not sure if this information is true though.

don't risk yourself. just stay in the word limit for God's sake and FYI the texts in the header and footer also count.