IB Class of 2013: advice, expectations?

I got my schedule today! Everything as planned -- except a switch of a non-IB class. :D It's starting to feel like school begins in a few days rather than a few weeks. :sadnod:

I want my schedule now! I think we only get ours the day before we start, I'd rather have a few days notice.

I agree with you mozz, I have to wait until September and I can't wait to get my timetable! I don't know why it's so exciting...

How many people in everyone's year is doing IB? At my school there are going to be 9 people including me! All my friends think I'm crazy to take it :D

Don't freak!!! You seriously aren't giving up all that much more than you would if you didn't take full IB. If you are a full IB diploma candidate, you are just adding maybe 3 extra hours to your normal week of work. the EE my school does over our junior year summer into senior year. It's just a little bit more work... but I ALWAYS find time to hangout with my friends when I've done my work and planned a little ahead. Your friends and social life will happen, they are there and rewarding for you during school and after. It's not a social killer nor will you not be able to see them. Yes, you will go insane... whoever picks IB full on is insane and nuts :) welcome to the IB. it is fully acceptable to be nuts, weird, crazy stressful, and beyond your mind. In the end though it's ALL worth it.

Best of luck!

I AM insane since I am the master of procrastination and I have never spent my time on learning, I mean, I would learn now and then, I did my homeworks reeeeally occasionaly. Usually I just come back home from school, take long nap, watch tv, check facebook, forums, watch plenty of tv series, watch tv, go to bed.

I started buying books. I mean, I don't have any YET, but I found some people who would sell me theirs :).

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

About the work for holidays... we have 6 books to read them till the end of September but between lines it is strongly recommended to finish them during our free days. I've finished 2 in Polish and 1 in English. "Great Gatsby" wasn't that interesting as I expected and it was quite toff to read.

Actually my holidays will end tommorow because my internship I have for 2 weeks. Ib is closer and closer...

lilianna - are you from Warsaw? Because i'm still looking for people who want to sell books. If you have any contact please write the message to me.

Edited by Pe94

About the work for holidays... we have 6 books to read them till the end of September but between lines it is strongly recommended to finish them during our free days. I've finished 2 in Polish and 1 in English. "Great Gatsby" wasn't that interesting as I expected and it was quite toff to read.

Actually my holidays will end tommorow because my internship I have for 2 weeks. Ib is closer and closer...

lilianna - are you from Warsaw? Because i'm still looking for people who want to sell books. If you have any contact please write the message to me.

I have nothing to do :P. I just fck around all 2 months.

What will you do?

Nope, Łódź ;). I've found the English B book and both books for biology for now. I'd love to get Math SL.

Hello Pe94 and lilliana! :)

With books in Poland there are certain problems, well at least in Gdansk. I ordered mine something about 3 weeks ago, I called the bookstore yesterday and they told me that I can even wait till the mid September... (WHAT?! CRAZY!)

I'm glad that I managed to buy used Chemistry and ToK...

These books are so expensive and what, I'm now have to run on every free period&break and copy pages from my classmates' books?... I don't fancy it.

But at the end of the day I'm really looking forward to starting IB. I know, it sounds weird... But I was "dreaming" about it since I was 11 years old so... It's finally the right time! :)

Yeah, I know that. I wanted to order mine from Amazon as well but then I turned out that they don't have my Maths book.

And then I checked the prices cerfully and the difference in prices for Biology and Psychology books were minimal (something like 10 zl) so I decided to order in a bookstore... But now they really pissed me off -,-

Where do you study? I mean live :D Not everyone lives in different city like me... :D

I love the fact how many Polish students are here, although we are all from the different cities (;

I wanted to order my booksw from the bookshop but it came that it is going to be about 1000 zł (more than 300 $) for all of them. So I decided to get only two new, the rest of mine are used. And I paid a half of the first price - finally 500 zł. How smart, haha.

As I said before my holidays ended, today is the 6th day of mine internship, I'm working in a lawyer office, do things with documents and that stuff. I hope it will be useful in my personal and CAS, but it is also my first experience in things i'm going to study and do in my life. Of course it is not THAT interesting as lawyers' work can be, but i enjoy being in touch with all that creditors, debtors...

I haven't finished these 6 books I had to read during free days and hope my teacher won't kill me!

As I said before my holidays ended, today is the 6th day of mine internship, I'm working in a lawyer office, do things with documents and that stuff. I hope it will be useful in my personal and CAS, but it is also my first experience in things i'm going to study and do in my life. Of course it is not THAT interesting as lawyers' work can be, but i enjoy being in touch with all that creditors, debtors...

Such things are possible in Poland? o.O

In Polish it is called "umowa o praktykę". I had to write a personal, do the interview. If you want something like that try during holidays - they have a lot of free places because of vacations of employers and you will be supposed to work 9-17, what is not possible during a school year.

I think that not a lot of people do that so it will be my strong point (;

Edited by Pe94

Wow, this sounds great! And just about perfect for me. How did you find it?!

Not to do such a big off-top: I lost my excitement for IB... I was so excited in, like, July, and now, when I only have a week left to start, I have my crazy timetable I'm scared. And I REALLY don't like the idea of my Friday lessons ending at 4.45 pm...