Any tips for a well written maths SL revision guide?

johnnyh

I don't really think there's a good revision guide in existence to be honest. In my opinion all you can really do is just use the textbook and then do past papers as your revision. The only useful revision guide I had for Maths was the OSC IB TI Series Calculators book. It showed you how to use your calculator to work out loads of things like a pro. I was really confused by my calculator so it was an absolute god-send, it really helped me in the calc paper because actually the calculator really can answer a hell of a lot of stuff for you if you know what all its weird buttons mean.

I used the Haese & Harris textbook for SL Maths and it wasn't too bad. The introductions at the start of the chapter were quite helpful anyway, even if the exercises weren't so great (in my opinion!). I also had the Cambridge IB Maths textbook and that was definitely a lot worse, so yeah. Haese & Harris is decent if your textbook really is that bad! :)

• Like 1

I use IB Prepared Mathematics. It's really good because it sums up every topic in a couple of pages, and tells you exactly what you need to know and most of the time how to do it. It then gives simple examples followed by 3 questions from past papers (low mark, mid mark, high mark/full marks). At the end it also has the whole 09 paper that you can do :) It sometimes means you will have to go back to your textbook or whatever to learn things, but it's a good "revision" tool as it tells you what you need to know (i.e. the syllabus), and if you don't know it, you can go ahead and learn it :)

• 3 months later...