could i do this for my internal assessment?

I'm not sure what i can or can't do for my internal and having a little trouble finding an appropiate topic. My teacher didn't really explain it well so im confused. I'm doing SL. I was thinking of doing it about Foxconn's suicide rate and motivation theories but im not sure if i can do it about that or what i should ehh well do. I only know it's a written commentary that has to relate to the topics we have studied and that we have to use primary and secondary sources, i would really appreciate the help

I'm doing my internal on How company X could decrease their suicide and turnover rate. And I'm thinking on doing it on motivation theories and how they should apply them to decrease this, but would it be enough? or should i increase something on ethics and how this decreases their sales because of the company's bad reputation? I'm SL by the way

Edited by Keel
Topic Merged

I'm not sure what i can or can't do for my internal and having a little trouble finding an appropiate topic. My teacher didn't really explain it well so im confused. I'm doing SL. I was thinking of doing it about Foxconn's suicide rate and motivation theories but im not sure if i can do it about that or what i should ehh well do. I only know it's a written commentary that has to relate to the topics we have studied and that we have to use primary and secondary sources, i would really appreciate the help

I'm doing my internal on How company X could decrease their suicide and turnover rate. And I'm thinking on doing it on motivation theories and how they should apply them to decrease this, but would it be enough? or should i increase something on ethics and how this decreases their sales because of the company's bad reputation? I'm SL by the way

Well first of all, at SL you don't need primary research; it's optional while secondary research is required.

I haven't had time to look at the SL IA criteria in detail, however from what I heard in class, I would say that your first idea on applying motivational theories to decrease suicide rates would be enough. However in your IA I would then also talk about how the suicides may decrease motivation in the company, applying the applicable theories, making it necessary to react.

Does that make sense?

hope I could help

• 2 weeks later...

Well first of all, at SL you don't need primary research; it's optional while secondary research is required.

I haven't had time to look at the SL IA criteria in detail, however from what I heard in class, I would say that your first idea on applying motivational theories to decrease suicide rates would be enough. However in your IA I would then also talk about how the suicides may decrease motivation in the company, applying the applicable theories, making it necessary to react.

Does that make sense?

hope I could help

yees thank you so much do you think i should i add something about leadership styles or focus more detailedly on the motivation theories and how this could also help increase profit?

• 1 month later...

Does that make sense?

hope I could help

yees thank you so much do you think i should i add something about leadership styles or focus more detailedly on the motivation theories and how this could also help increase profit?

I haven't been home for the last couple weeks, but hope it still helps now:

I think it's all about how in depth you explore each. A mention of the leadership styles can't hurt, however overall I would focus more on the motivational theories.

The part about increasing profit is then also worth a mention, however I think it is more important to look at the increase in quality of the product as well as the brand image.