Abstraction of Knowledge Issue

linalemonde

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble abstracting my knowledge issue right now.

My specific case study is deforestation in the Amazon Rainforest and I'm going the ethics route.

The question I've come up with so far is "is it ethical to extract resources faster than they can be replaced?"

My question is still not abstract enough. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can make my knowledge issue more abstract, please let me know!

I've been at this for days now and I can't think of anything.

(Please reply ASAP, I'm presenting this week... >< )

Thanks!

Edited by linalemonde

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble abstracting my knowledge issue right now.

My specific case study is deforestation in the Amazon Rainforest and I'm going the ethics route.

The question I've come up with so far is "is it ethical to extract resources faster than they can be replaced?"

My question is still not abstract enough. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can make my knowledge issue more abstract, please let me know!

I've been at this for days now and I can't think of anything.

(Please reply ASAP, I'm presenting this week... >< )

Thanks!

Hello,

The question you have come up with is not in fact an explicit knowledge issue. Have a look at this for a further explanation:

To transform it into a knowledge issue there has to be an element of controversy over knowledge. Asking whether something is 'ethical or not' is controversy over ethics. Asking 'How do we know what we know?' is an evaluation of our knowledge and how we use it. Thus, 'What Ways of Knowing can we use to determine whether something is ethical or not?' is better formulated 'knowledge issue'. Play around with the question. Add AoKs or WoKs to the question to suit your preference and to fit your case study.