TI nSpire - Application

Hinuku

can you tell me more about that app? like, what it does or how you use it? is it the one to find the roots of a polynomial function or...?

My friend used it today for a double equation:

3y + 5x = 3

4y + 8x = 8

I just put these values into matrix form and rref them. But the other app seemed pretty good actually and we couldn't find it in the TI nSpire

• Like 1

so this is used just to solve a system of equations? I believe TI-Nspire has this feature but it's not really an app. it's just...a feature. lol.

use calculator, it's under the algebra function if I remember correctly. I don't have my GDC with me now though so I'd have to check first, like what to press and what it is called :P I'll get back to you tomorrow if that's okay ;)

• Like 1

so this is used just to solve a system of equations? I believe TI-Nspire has this feature but it's not really an app. it's just...a feature. lol.

use calculator, it's under the algebra function if I remember correctly. I don't have my GDC with me now though so I'd have to check first, like what to press and what it is called :P I'll get back to you tomorrow if that's okay ;)

Yeah I got you :D It's called "solve system of linear equations...". Still - the matrix method is faster I guess ;p

Thanks

ah yes that one. not very easy to use but w/e.. my favourite method though would be to express y in terms of x first for both equations and then plot them and find the intersection point, but it also takes a little bit of effort... so just use whatever method that suits you best, so that you won't waste time in the exam (paper 2). :)

• Like 1