Keeping track of CAS?

I've just finished my first year of IB and I've done quite a lot for CAS, including MUN, volleyball, basketball, an orphanage club, a poster project, and some contribution in other events. During summer I'd teach English and get in a cooking class.

But I'm losing track of what I've done, cause I didn't really record anything properly. No reflections or anything...Now it's summer and I gotta reorganize, but I don't really know how to...

Any suggestions? How do you guys keep track of what you've done? Do you guys have a blog for it? Or like a scrapbook or something?

Lots of schools (including mine) use the program ManageBac (http://managebac.com/)

It's great for organising everything, CAS EE TOK IA's and even reports and stuff. My school only uses it for CAS, but yeah.

Maybe you can talk your school into purchasing a license? I remember before our school started using it, CAS organisation was a nightmare!

Lots of schools (including mine) use the program ManageBac (http://managebac.com/)

It's great for organising everything, CAS EE TOK IA's and even reports and stuff. My school only uses it for CAS, but yeah.

Maybe you can talk your school into purchasing a license? I remember before our school started using it, CAS organisation was a nightmare!

Wow this program seems awesome. I'll take to my coordinator about it. Cause it's our school's first year of teaching IB - we've always been an AP school - so everything is a little mixed up like this.

But aren't you supposed to reflect on your own too? How do you keep track of that, if you don't use this program...?

We use ManageBac too, it's really useful. My friends in England though have what they call a CAS Diary. It's like a notebook where they write their activities, hours, objectives, aims, reflections etc and then add evidence to their reflections page. It looks almost like a textbook presentation of everything they have done. So I guess you could try that? (Or even design it on the pc. 8-) )

Edited by Wellsy

we use ManageBac too. a friend (who was a new student at our school) first knew about it and told our CAS coordinators to use it to manage CAS. so in the end we use it, but we still need to keep both hard copy (in a CAS folder) and soft copy (on ManageBac) of the CAS forms because we are the first year to use it so we are kind of still 'trying out' ManageBac, that's why our coordinators still want us to keep the hard copy too.

but the key is to write down what you've done RIGHT after you do that activity. after you get home, just spend some time to write what you did for how long in that activity, so when you do the reflections at the end of the activity, it would be easier.

Our history teacher doubles as our CAS coordinator so we see him every other day, he is always on top of us trying to keep us on track, not that it works though. Anyway this year they've given our CAS program a makeover. Every DP candidate now has a "CAS Logbook" We have to turn it in the first of every month. We should have 3-4 entries every month as well. The log book is our own, to do with as we please but its a creative way to keep track. We can put our entries like a diary, put pictures and tid bits like a scrapbook.

It could give you an edge to colleges and or could be a great memento of your DP years.

Hey there =)

I'm new to the forum, but I am just about to complete my first year of IB and I have just kept track of mine by writing down the activity and then using tally's to keep track, and different papers for different sections of CAS. My school advised self oragnization and didnt give us the option to the use the program. I think it's whatever suits you though, if you just want a quick way of keeping track then use something like the tally's. Some of my friends have opted for a much more organised method of tables in Excel and filling it in every week or whenever they complete an hour or so of CAS.

Hope this helps :)