Economics Extended Essay topic question help!

Shapoopi

I have two possible extended essay topics however, one is much more developed than the other, but I get stuck the moment after.

My first possible question is "To what extent will local Scarborough businesses in my area be affected by the increase in monetary value of China’s Yuan" which i'm assuming is much to broad. As well, I am really confused about how I would do any primary research around this.

My second possible question is not worded yet, however I wanted to do a comparative sort of deal about the competition between Canada and China to trade with the USA. Which I think may be a bad idea. So the question is along the lines of how does the rise in value of China's Yuan affect the metal industry (competition wise or some other aspect (suggestions appreciated)) in my area of Toronto? Once again I am really unsure of how to do any primary research on this topic!

Please, anyone with any comments or suggestions leave them as they are truly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, your first question is too broad and I don't see too much scope in this.

Your second idea also seems to be off on a broad path. What kind of "affect" are you looking into?

Coming up with good topics in a non-micro topic is a difficult task, especially with finding one which allows you to use primary data.

Edited by master135

I have to agree with master135. none of the two topics you proposed sound really appealing.

it is highly recommended to do an Econ EE in macroeconomics because:

1. you can do primary research, which is very important for an Econ EE

2. there are a lot of possible topics

3. it's simple!

try looking into price discrimination or market structure.