Interview 6: Aboo

Ruan Chun Xian

All right, people. You've got 2 weeks to ask Aboo any question you want. :D You can ask more than once but you can't ask more than 20 questions in one post and you have to wait until the interviewee has answered those 20 before asking again.

Remember, the interviewee reserves the right not to answer a question. :P

Interview closes on 10/03/08, after which no more question can be asked but Afterglow can answer any remaining question that is still unanswered.

Aboo will also get to choose the nominees for next round's interview.

Have fun. :D

Favorite type of music?

Favorite food?

Favorite un-caffeinated drink?

Favorite movie?

Favorite book?

Best source of caffeine?

What was your EE about?

What do you like best about IB?

What do you like best about where you live?

What do you plan to study after IB?

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

Where should I go?

Describe yourself in one word.

Describe me in one word.

Who would you like to meet of here if you could?

What is the best dream you ever had?

The scariest?

How many languages do you speak?

Which ones?

Favorite type of music?

I don't know the type, but my favourite bands are: Coldplay and Muse. I also like Franz Ferdinand, Take That, Maroon 5... I like classical music too.

Favorite food?

I like most cuisines, but really like Lebanese.

Favorite un-caffeinated drink?

Water :P

Favorite movie?

Lord of the Rings

Favorite book?

Angels & Demons, Dan Brown

Best source of caffeine?

Caffeine really doesn't work for me, but I think it has to be Coke or Pepsi.

What was your EE about?

Reasons why Budget Airlines are more profitable that Normal Airlines in the US.

What do you like best about IB?

I think I really like CAS, I find it really interesting sometimes.

What do you like best about where you live?

Singapore's clean, organized and no chavs!

What do you plan to study after IB?

Accounting/Finance

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

On a private secluded island. Because it would be peaceful and serene, rent-free, and I wouldn't have to hassle with anybody else.

Where should I go?

I dunno, where would you like to go? Maybe Florida :D

Describe yourself in one word.

Trustworthy

Describe me in one word.

Excited

Who would you like to meet of here if you could?

Everybody that I've talked to personally so far, you're all an interesting bunch of people.

What is the best dream you ever had?

I don't really remember any good dream.

The scariest?

An Emirates Airlines plane (B777-200 (if anybody's interested)) crashing in front of my hotel in Bangkok. ( I remember it in shocking clarity, even the noise). I'm really scared of ghosts in my dreams too, and I also see my IB classes sometimes.

How many languages do you speak? Which ones?

English, French, Spanish, Urdu (read, write, speak), Kachii (this language is only spoken), Sindhi, Gujarati, Punjabi (speak), Arabic (read, write), and I can speak a few words of Sinhalese too. I'm hoping to learn Mandarin and Japanese after I finish IB.

Edited by Aboo

How many languages do you speak? Which ones?

English, French, Spanish, Urdu (read, write, speak), Kachii (this language is only spoken), Sindhi, Gujarati, Punjabi (speak), Arabic (read, write), and I can speak a few words of Sinhalese too. I'm hoping to learn Mandarin and Japanese after I finish IB.

Whoa, what she should've asked is how many languages you DON'T speak. I've never heard so many people speak so many languages!

If you want a challenge, try learning Finnish. With its 14 cases for nouns etc. it's one of the most difficult languages to learn in the world :P

How many European countries have you visited? List them.

careful... i think that list is as long as the laugage list.

why do you want to study accouting?

why did you pick the word excited to describe me?

and good choice of book... i have read that one though... what book other book would you recomend that i read?

do you find it hard to belive about such the large difference in time between where we live?

Edited by IBStuck

Whoa, what she should've asked is how many languages you DON'T speak. I've never heard so many people speak so many languages!

If you want a challenge, try learning Finnish. With its 14 cases for nouns etc. it's one of the most difficult languages to learn in the world :D

My dad speaks about 13, so I get my inspiration from him :P . I would love to learn Finnish, but you've just put me off now :D

My European countries list is very empty, just England and the Netherlands. Not for long tho, hopefully. I would like to visit all the Schenegen countries, in either my gap year or if when I'm in Uni in England.

why do you want to study accouting?

I love anything to do with business (except production), and I want a degree that evolves into a profession. So Accounting can make me a CA (CPA for you Americans :D )

why did you pick the word excited to describe me?

You said so yourself :P

and good choice of book... i have read that one though... what book other book would you recomend that i read?

Timeline by Michael Crichton, as well as Prey by the same author.

do you find it hard to belive about such the large difference in time between where we live?

I'm becoming used to it. America's really far away, so I guess it makes sense.

1.) what ethnicity are you(i don't know if this is allowed so slap me if i just broke one fo the rules.... reason why I'm interested is thats a HUGE amount of languages)

I'm Pakistani, so the country speaks a lot of languages.

2.) How would you describe your personality

I'm very sarcastic, and I tend to complain a lot. My friends think I'm trustworthy. I can't really describe myself. I guess, you'll have to meet me to know me properly.

3.) Do you think that the IB brings people together globally?

Of course! I'm here, in Singapore, speaking to people from Vietnam, Australia, the UK, Finland, Sweden, Germany and how can I forget the mighty US? I don't know where you're from. I really do think that IB (as strange as it may sounds) has made me have more friends internationally.

Do you happen to be into aviation? If so, to what extent?

I do very much like aviation. Let's say that, if you pointed a plane from pretty far away, I would probably be able to say which airline, and what type of plane it is. More commercial aviation then military tho. Do you like aviation by any chance?

Do you like aviation by any chance?

Yup :yes: Same with me - show me a (commercial) airplane and I'll tell you what model it is. I also fly and control online using Microsoft Flight Simulator and IVAO, have you heard of that? I pretty much had to stop doing it though, thanks to the IB...

Yup :yes: Same with me - show me a (commercial) airplane and I'll tell you what model it is. I also fly and control online using Microsoft Flight Simulator and IVAO, have you heard of that? I pretty much had to stop doing it though, thanks to the IB...

Nice, someone as crazy as aviation as me. Definitely heard about FS, do you use FSX? I just googled IVAO, and it looks pretty cool. I can't use FS anymore because I use a mac. I really want to start on my PPL soon too. Ever heard of airliners.net btw?

Ever heard of airliners.net btw?

Yeah, I even got a few pictures on there. I used to do some planespotting, but I don't have time for that anymore. Thanks to the IB, again :yes:

And no, I don't use FS-X. Many add-ons aren't compatible with it and it's more of a game rather than a simulation, which is why I'm staying with FS2004 for a while.

...ok, I think this is going slightly off-topic :yes:

Yeah, I even got a few pictures on there. I used to do some planespotting, but I don't have time for that anymore. Thanks to the IB, again :yes:

And no, I don't use FS-X. Many add-ons aren't compatible with it and it's more of a game rather than a simulation, which is why I'm staying with FS2004 for a while.

...ok, I think this is going slightly off-topic :yes:

Yeah, nobody else is asking any more questions anyway. I just go on the forums. It's great to see somebody else, who also does the IB, who likes planes as much as or maybe even more than I do. You a heavy flier?

What would you do if the world ended tomorrow?

I'd spend the evening with family, so that I have a nice last evening.

If you could pick anyone person in the world that you haven't met to go to lunch with, who would it be?

I'd really like to go on a lunch meeting with... with... some MD of a nice BB bank, so it gives the opportunity to network :P . Seriously though, I'd like to meet you or Elsa. It'd be interesting to know you guys in real life.