How are ib points predicted?

avade

So, I want to study medicine in the uk. Time frame of Applications for medical universities are from mid-september to mid-october. Generally med colleges accept ib points from about 38 points or above, having 18 points on hl subjects.

You send your application out based on your predicted grades. but we dont even have our mock exams until december. so how do our grades actually get predicted?

Does the counselor predict ib grade from our end-of-year exam from 11th grade? or just overall grade? what is if you messed up last year.. and are really good at the beginning of next year? aaaahhh. i am so worried, cause with the points i got on my end of year exam this year (11th grade) i am not gonna be able to apply to any unis in the uk... someone please explain/help meeee?

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

Predicted scores would be based of your mock exams and your overall ability in the class. Your teacher will then come up with a score that predicts what you would get overall.

So your labs (including those that are not an IA) would affect this probably, all your tests would, mock exams would, etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The way grades are predicted is pretty much up to your teacher. The IB doesn't have a set method for predicting grades. Like Drake said, they are usually based on class performance (tests, quizzes, etc), mock exams if your school has them, maybe even class participation. If you perform better next year, then your predicted grade will likely be based on how you do in the next year. Your teacher may predict you slightly lower if your performance last year was not good though.