Kicked out of IB?

Oajng

So today a friend of mine told me the guidance Councillor called him this morning, and told him that he was kicked out of IB because his grades were low, but he had grades high enough to stay in IB. He did have bad grades, but not enough to fail out. Can they do this?

Another question. I am worried I might get kicked out too. I just finished my junior year, and had good grades first semester ( 2 As, 1 B, 3 Cs) but in the second semester I got bad grades ( 1 A, 1 B, 1 C, 2 Ds, 1 F) but when put together they were all a D or more. What Im worried about is the F I got in SL Physics. I got a B in the first semester, but then got an F. Im pretty sure I passed my IB exam, but would they kick me out because of the F?

My school has a sort of similar policy, you apparently have to get a certain percentage grade in each subject and a certain grade overall to stay in IB or you get kicked out. But people got lower grades than were required and they still got to stay :P So really nobody cares about the policy haha.

The IBO can't kick you out based on your grades in school, they can only fail you on your diploma if you don't meet their passing conditions (based on your point score, TOK, EE, CAS). It depends on your school really if they choose to make such a policy. Talk to a counsellor in your school and see how it goes. Maybe you'll be let off with a warning or nothing will happen to you :) Good luck!

Schools are completely entitled do so if it is in their policy. One guy in my year did get kicked out because he was getting 20 and couldn't be bothered improving his marks. If you are really worried about being kicked out, go talk to your coordinator and figure out what might happen. Also got to you physics teacher and figure out how you went down to a F. There might be a specific thing you do that is pulling down your grades and working out how to improve is a must if you want to do well in IB.