Football Discussion

Guest 1529

Ok.... First of all, I think its a good idea to start this football thread, so well done ;)

I know we can discuss all players, teams, etc., but I really dont get the point sometimes?

You can NOT just WATCH sports u know... I play football and it makes sense to watch it, cuz you get to learn some cool techniques and over all strategies and techniques (especially in tennis - but thats another story).

But seriously, if you sit there discussing - especially criticising other players, why not get out there and SHOW them how its done, or at least try playing it urself and learn to visualize yourself in other's shoes. :rolleyes: just sayin...

Now that i got rid of that mindblock :blink: , when it comes to football, i am really openminded and dont favour a team in particular.

I think its not only the way players play and score, but what really touches people is their personalities in interviews, for example.

When Messi was once shown a clip of Ronaldo saying that the "football god" sent him to earth to show people HOW to play PROPER football, Messi just stared at the ground for a while.

Then he looked up & said: " I dont remember sending anyone" XD that totally cracked me up.

I mean both of them are exceptional players and both have admirable characteristics.

I find Messi more humble and modest (the above was just a good JOKE ;)) and Ronaldo a tad more machoistic - not in a negative way..lets say, a bit overconfident and cocky.

But what matters- apparently to most people- is when it comes down to PLAYING football, BOTH are just freaking awesome! :D

YEah, ronaldo shouldve never left manutd :hypocrite: ....but whatever ...

Now if u excuse me, i gotta hit the real ground and lemme tell u that the best football played is still by us young adults who play dont play for money but for the thrill :P

--> kidding, dont be offended ;)

Boy, I play football too. Am quite good at it but that's just not enough haha there's this thing inside me that makes me also freak out with professional football lol

and yes, I've heard that jokes many times... and it's funny but not the complete truth ;)

You call him modest? A player who shoots in the direction of the Madrid fans and doesn't even have the decency to apologise while Ronaldo shot but instead, he went there and took a pic with the fan he had hit and gave him a t-shirt...that says a lot about the players. One thing is what they apparent to be and other thing is what they really are. The same with Mourinho and Guardiola... I just think that Barça players are false humbles for marketing purposes. The only one who has the guts to speak up is Piqué hahaha that lad says anything he wants

Ronaldo leaves a club to prove himself of being capable to meet his expectations :)

HEY!

>.< You really should have seen MEssi's face..oh god, he was so afraid, man.

I mean, it makes total sense that he did not even go near those fans, because you know how those

crazy real madrid fans are o.0 monsters...

nah, it is not a matter of decency, as he was in real shock... it was not really his intention,

and for your info he did talk bout it later in some interview. so its cool ;)

You rlly cant defend ronaldo and his character, cuz thats just who HE is, and u cant deny it rlly.

I mean, i never said that its wrong to be so cocky and bossy and overconfident and...tehehe...

In fact, I do appreciate that he sticks to what he is and who he really is.

ty 4 ur reply btw :D

Edited by Avan:)

Lol I didn't hear about any apology, it was actually Guardiola who said that he did unintentionally even though the images show that it was pointless to do anything with the football... but anyway, yeah go ahead and defend Messi while I defend Ronaldo hahahhaha

What position do you play in? And btw, I said in the beginning of this topic that it would be interesting if people added their own experience :) the thing is that the conversation took this path XD

haha....seriously?

go check out youtube THOROUGHLY..i just cant be bothered right now, sorry :D

And noo, im not gonna defend anyone, as i support both.

but just when a person starts to prefer one over the other i tend to support the other :D

trying to keep the natural balance and PEACE, as an IB-student, you see :D

I am usually always on the run, as a defensive midfielder but, obviously, for fun i

take whatever position my team needs aka goalie -.-:D

what about u?

ahhaha yeah but that has to do with my style of playing too XD you see, I preferably play as a winger (right or left doesn't matter) and my way of playing is very similar to Ronaldo's ;) that's another reason why I support him besides for being Portuguese lol

But I can play at any position except for goalkeeper haha my bests are winger, centre offensive midfielder, striker and as a right/left back so yeah, mostly attacking ;D

I love doing tricks ^^ but unfortunately, not everyone has the same joy to do it and so people tend to get pissed off at me when I don't pass the ball but I do, and a lot, but since I keep the ball during much of the time of the match and carry the ball when attacking, I get criticised... XD

haha...I wouldnt mind anyone doing tricks with the ball or taking it, cuz i know

that i will get it back anyway ;)

The worst thing is just these overly massive huge grizzlies who have no skills or whatsoever, but just

too much adrenaline and power :S

they kick at anything what moves....kinda scary, and not REAL football, even though i know it surely belongs to it...OBVIOUSLY

but its good as long as u are a good runner and can run with the ball as fast as u can bfore passing it. and both ronaldo and messi are aggressive to an extent but to a normal one.

yeah, ronaldo's way is impressive but so is Messis. but personally, i guess messi's just to individualistic and its like a One player- team if u get what i mean.

i mean at the worlds cup last year, the old fashioned way of maradonna, who pushed messi and made the whole game and players depend on ONE single player was just ...meh, not really working in the modern times. They should have coordinated more like Germany's new cultural young team, as that was far more effective.

but hey, Old habits and thinking, rooted a long time ago, DIE hard :D

hahaha I don't think so mate :P I'm a fast player and much more of touch football not of massive movements but if I have to, I will make them fall even if I have to do a fault XD each one plays with what they have best. For example, there's this guy who plays with his body and no one could take the ball from him because of his dimensions lol till the day I figured out that you had to put the feet between his, simple as that ahhah

It's not running uncontrollably... o.O you have to have a style of playing. When I pick the ball in the far sides, I tend to go to the centre for then to pass or shoot it ;)

It wasn't a mistake and wrong tactics. It's how Barça play, with Messi in the centre as a false 9... and Maradona wanted Messi to play as he does in Barcelona so he put him as a false 9 too but Argentina is no Barça. I thoroughly believe that if Argentina stopped playing for Messi and actually explored its talents such as Pastore, Di Maria, Kun Aguero, Higuain, etc, they would certainly be lethal but the problem also lays in the defence. They don't have good defenders :S

"dimensions" hahaha! polite, man.

but what the hell? that would have been the first thing i would have tried to do, get between the legs..

damn...this just doesnt sound right. :D

anyway, who said i run "uncontrollably" lool. i mean, u get to get out FAST, before ur dead and THEN u can use that time to look up and get rid of it as if it was fire.

then u go run forward to a free space and make urself available.

like messi does, perfectly. always there and always takes the sole responsibility man.

respect for that! but i agree, thats not exactly how football is supposed to work, because its a TEAM game. but hey IF it works, noone really cares ;)

Always! ;)

Nooo it's like, letting him move a bit more forward and then pulling the ball in a lateral position. It's quite complicated to explain by words XD

ahhaha when I was a kiddo like 8, I used to run uncontrollably hahahahahaha so funny lol

A player does what he's told to do...XD if Messi's supposed to take care of the match, he can't deny it

Haha that joke was PURE AWESOME, lol. It was just getting back at Ronaldo for saying that he is sent by football god. :rofl:

I am a girl, I don't play football, and I agree 100% it's different when you play. However, I love watching football and I know a lot about it, which that doesn't mean people who only watch football can't criticize and discuss. That being said, I would love for you to correct me if I am wrong about some of the things I said. Oh and just to be clear, I am not one of those girls who likes a team for a certain player. :P

I cannot believe you like football, you play it and don't have a favorite team or player, lol.

@ Avan: Please do me a favor and edit all the text speak in your posts, it's not allowed in the forum. :)

aah....yeah, maradonna is one hell of a badass in that way.

he really should make use of the others as well :S what a shame.

but like i said, old fashioned ...cant do nothin bout it :rolleyes:

but maradonna's getting old....tehehee XD

@ mahuta will do :D so annoying, i totally forgot bout it,

and was only the last bit intended towards me? o.0 :D

Haha that joke was PURE AWESOME, lol. It was just getting back at Ronaldo for saying that he is sent by football god. :rofl:

I am a girl, I don't play football, and I agree 100% it's different when you play. However, I love watching football and I know a lot about it, which that doesn't mean people who only watch football can't criticize and discuss. That being said, I would love for you to correct me if I am wrong about some of the things I said. Oh and just to be clear, I am not one of those girls who likes a team for a certain player. :P

I cannot believe you like football, you play it and don't have a favorite team or player, lol.

Shushhhhhh!!! No talking :@ you don't want to start with that XD

But it's different when you play it... it makes you much more impulsive in your actions related to football ahhaha it's just that adrenaline that flows through your vessels that makes you all hype ;) and only those who play or played know what that feeling is, from what I've seen...

I always try to correct you but you never accept my corrections... :o not fair! ahhahah :P

Well, if you want to discuss this and know a lot about it , why not give it a try and experience it first hand for a while? :)

I play with girls and most of them are not bad, because practice makes perfect ;)

Because to my eyes, for some reason, it does not seem that right o be able to gossip or criticise players for something you yourself have never tried before :S I just find it weird, that's all ^^

Well, i do not have one fav player, but many and not one fav team but many.

I try to judge their skills and like watching them and copying. You can learn a LOT from all players, rather than just from one single player.

:)

@Mahuta ahhahahahahahaahaha I knew your answer would be something like that XD

@Avan, it's obvious that a person can give their opinion by just watching something ;) but it's true that the experience counts a lot more. Yet, you should have an idol, it quite shows what type of player you'd be on the pitch and usually, that idol plays in your position...

@ 1529 ...lol i feel like im addressing a computer or giving in a command :P

anywaaays... you see, I play a mixed style of ronaldo and Messi.

I love to just be centred and do my own thing, but i know from my intuition when to do so and when not to do so.

But really, is it neccessary to have one IDOL? really? I mean, what about appreciating 2 players and using any skills from any player you recently watched and making it a habit and a strategy of yours.

trust me, it really works. and also, david beckham would be another great player too :D

Im just not that into particular players or anything. . . if this made any sense XD

@ 1529 ...lol i feel like im addressing a computer or giving in a command :P

anywaaays... you see, I play a mixed style of ronaldo and Messi.

I love to just be centred and do my own thing, but i know from my intuition when to do so and when not to do so.

But really, is it neccessary to have one IDOL? really? I mean, what about appreciating 2 players and using any skills from any player you recently watched and making it a habit and a strategy of yours.

trust me, it really works. and also, david beckham would be another great player too :D

Im just not that into particular players or anything. . . if this made any sense XD

Lol...?

how come you play a mixed of two wingers/strikers if you're a defensive midfielder?? o.O awkward man, you're not really supposed to do tricks in your side of the field, you know? :P

It's needed at least till you define your game, your skills and all that ;) but you can have 2 idols. Idols make you pursue a main characteristic, something that really catches you and makes you motivated to do better. That's what idols are there for!

I don't like much david beckham. Instead, Zidane is god for me :o