Football Discussion

Guest 1529

Ronaldo has proven himself in two different teams in two different leagues. Put Messi in a team like Manchester United and he will not leave the same legacy as Ronaldo did. Messi is an excellent footballer but zithout Xavi or Iniesta he is nothing. Ronaldo is an overall more complete footballer.

Guest Apolo

Ronaldo has proven himself in two different teams in two different leagues. Put Messi in a team like Manchester United and he will not leave the same legacy as Ronaldo did. Messi is an excellent footballer but zithout Xavi or Iniesta he is nothing. Ronaldo is an overall more complete footballer.

That's exactly what I've said before lol... and it was proven with Argentina ;)

and @azulverde, we were actually talking about that fact...

Edited by Apolo

Guest Apolo

Times are different. I reckon that Messi is a fantastic player who does his job at Barcelona really well. However, to say that he's the key player and the best player in the world, is to overrate somebody who doesn't deserve that nomination at all. He has 2 machines behind him: Xavi and Iniesta! Those two yes, deserve to be considered the best and pass unnoticeable in the eyes of the public... even though I prefer Xavi :)

If it was Diego Maradona's time, I think Messi could be considered the best player of the world as there wasn't much technique, just brute talent... there was no sophistication in tactics nor in how to defend, specially! So yeah...

• 2 weeks later...

Times are different. I reckon that Messi is a fantastic player who does his job at Barcelona really well. However, to say that he's the key player and the best player in the world, is to overrate somebody who doesn't deserve that nomination at all. He has 2 machines behind him: Xavi and Iniesta! Those two yes, deserve to be considered the best and pass unnoticeable in the eyes of the public... even though I prefer Xavi :)

If it was Diego Maradona's time, I think Messi could be considered the best player of the world as there wasn't much technique, just brute talent... there was no sophistication in tactics nor in how to defend, specially! So yeah...

He has the most goals after Ronaldo. With assists his the first with 18 of them last season...more than Xavi,though.

I love Barcelona as a team but Messi just stands out with the help of the team...yes. Football is team game.

Prove to my claim Simply the BEST ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Real Madrid vs Barcelona (14/08/11) review:

PARTIDAZO DEL REAL! = Terrific match by Real

but unfortunately, not very efficient when it came to score. And as usual, the Barcelona Mafia networks seem to even be working in the Supercopa... :| bloody hell! I'm scared... :S

• 4 weeks later...

okay soo im a huge football fanatic as well :D

i have 2 teams..Liverpool and Barcelona FC..

Btw to all you Ronaldo fans out there?? Yes i agree hes SMOKING HOT (hehe) and hes an AMAZING football player..but i think hes overrated.. <---- now all you Ronaldo fans dont eat me alive for saying that!

Guest Achmed-The Dead Terrorist

If you don't want anything to be said why did you say it?! :|

It's clearly a false statement... he's not overrated.

I will try not to use offensive words but, honestly, Messi still takes hormones at the age of 23 which makes him physically more able than other players. That's why he's quicker and has more agility than normal players. Legal? Maybe... but Ronaldo doesn't, he grew his body by himself without hormone supplements. Whatever power and skills he has, he has worked for them. I won't come up with the arguments that Ronaldo is more complete and stuff but just notice that Barcelona has an amazing football style (even though I don't like it much) which allows all the players to participate. Messi is a false striker which makes him more visible than others as he is in the centre of the field... but in Barça, even Piqué scores often

So no, Ronaldo is not overrated.

Edited by Achmed-The Dead Terrorist