Next year's classes

chileanbob

Well... I can't believe it but this long, stressful, first DP year is almost over! Only one year remains. Anyways, I've got some classes that I need help with deciding...

Junior year -> Senior year

- French IV -> AP French/French V

- Math Studies -> ?

- TOK -> ?

- European History -> Contemporary History

- Biology II -> Biology III

- English III -> English IV

- Psychology I -> Psychology II

Well now I was wondering what I should replace those ?s with... I was thinking of taking IB Math Methods(though I won't be testing) or AP Calculus, though I fear math in both cases :P . Also, I don't know about TOK's spot; perhaps replace it with AP Psychology, AP Geography (I know it sounds silly but hey it's an AP class), or a non-IB, non-AP, non-Honors class (which will bring down my GPA) of PC Support.

Suggestions?

=\

I just want a little bit of relaxation before the dread of college >_<

Oh and I almost forgot...

regarding the AP classes... does any one know if you cancel your grades (to CollegeBoard), that you won't get credit for the class. I don't mean college level credit, because obviously if you don't send the exam's grade, you can't get a credit. What I mean is that if I take the AP Calc and then decide to cancel my scoring, would that mean that it wouldn't show as AP Calc in the transcript or report cards with that weight attached to it?

Thanks

PS sorry for making this on a new post; I'm in a rush!

^.^;

I think a lot of colleges like to see you taking the core subjects in all four years of high school, so I'd suggest AP Calculus - it's not too hard, and if you do decently it should get you some college credit. Also, AP Psych is interesting and pretty slack at least at my school, talk to a few seniors about the workload in that class. It's an elective, so it's not exceedingly difficult. (:

• 4 weeks later...

Man, I am going to have a load next year classes wise. This is not specifically due to the fact that I am in IB; this results from the other fact that I am also going to college next year, not to mention participating in the national science fair...

Yeah, I think I am going to get ready ahead of time for next year. Studying is a must, and dutiful fact in life. Goodbye...