Scholarships

dessskris

where can I get some information about scholarships for undergraduate in the UK? the only organisation offering scholarship that I know of is Chevening but I'm curious about the availability of scholarships from other organisations.

and, do I apply after getting the offer from some uni in UK? or do I apply at the same time with when I apply to unis through UCAS?

thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

where can I get some information about scholarships for undergraduate in the UK? the only organisation offering scholarship that I know of is Chevening but I'm curious about the availability of scholarships from other organisations.

and, do I apply after getting the offer from some uni in UK? or do I apply at the same time with when I apply to unis through UCAS?

thanks in advance.

Chevening is only for Postgrads... I guess we're all doing IB and heading for an Undergrad degree so yeah, not eligible...

And as far as I know, you have to get in first before applying for scholarships. That works with almost all unis, both UK's and America's

well but i want to know first if there are scholarships that i could apply for. if there is no scholarship i'm eligible for, i wouldn't accept the offer. or i wouldn't even apply in the first place. lol but thanks!

For undergrads, most schools offer a partial scholarship of around 1000-3000 pounds every year and that's about it.

You'd have to go to the school's site and check for yourself then...

@myvee yeah I know that. and yes I have checked with all the universities I was thinking of going to, and AFAIK none really offers a lot of scholarships for international students. that's why I wonder if there are scholarships from other organisations, like what @vira.may mentioned.

@vira.may thank you so much!!! it's what I was looking for. thank God I'm eligible. I'm going to apply for it. thank you!!

if anyone knows other parties that offer scholarships for UK universities, I'd be interested, as I'm thinking of applying to other UK universities too, not only Oxford. thank you all!

thanks in advance.

You shouldn't really count on any scholarships from universities in the UK. If you're applying to North America then they do often give scholarships to many of their applicants.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen on a few university websites that there is the possibility for grants, exceptional academic or sporting performance tends to be the reason for being awarded with a grant. As far as applications go, I think that you apply for it when you apply through UCAS, however, I'm pretty sure that you have to go either through the University directly or something to apply for a grant.

:)

I don't know about others, but LSE offers quite a few generous scholarships to International scholarships. A friend of mine had a £10,000 academic scholarship from them. But I would check for independent grants or bursaries available in your country for studying abroad.

• 1 month later...

I don't know about others, but LSE offers quite a few generous scholarships to International scholarships. A friend of mine had a £10,000 academic scholarship from them. But I would check for independent grants or bursaries available in your country for studying abroad.

Really? £10,000!

what kind of grades did he get? or was it for other qualifications?

Really? £10,000!

what kind of grades did he get? or was it for other qualifications?

She had decent grades. The standard AAA offer. She got it more for financial need, she is from Islamabad, Pakistan and her need is more than most, otherwise she wouldn't've been able to afford coming to LSE, it also helps that she's more stingy with her money than anyone I've met before, but that's not got much to do with her scholarship.

Just fill out the application and be honest and it should be enough.