Studying IB at home?

Mort

First off let me briefly explain my current situation. I am stuck with only one IB school which is awful and costs $8000. Next school year will be my IB1 and I will have to either go to IB or go to a normal school, which I also dislike.

Now is it possible to study IB1 by myself because IB2 I will be at a good IB school in Toronto.

I'm thinking of taking Math, physics and chemistry high level, while taking lit, French and Biology standard.

My question is not about my ability to study by myself, but will IBO allow it.

You can do your labs in IB2. My chem labs were only done at the very end of IB2. I think the IBO allows home study. I saw them advertise this new scheme for people to study the IB from home because the IB wasn't present in their area. So yes it does exist and the IBO allows it. Go on their website for further info. I found this article and they seem to only offer very few subjects but I'm sure there was something else to it. My link. A person in my year only did the IB in 1 year. The person came straight into IB2 so I'm sure you can arrange to self study and the IB allows it. Well hey I had to self-study French.