University of Westminster

dessskris

is anyone familiar with Uni of Westminster? is it a good uni? what major is it particulary famous for? or is it even famous?

I've heard that it offers full scholarships for international students, hence I am interested to apply (for 2012). however, its IB minimum score for the course I want to apply for is only IB28, which can be said to be very low.

so I doubt it is a good uni. however, the scholarship is very appealing. is it a good uni?

if anybody can give me a review on this uni I would be very grateful. thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From everything I have heard, no it is definitely not.

The people who have gone there from my school have not been particularly good students.

I have also heard complaints that the workload is practically nonexistant there. But this is perhaps slightly exaggerated. I think it must be good for particular courses, but you should consider that if the IB requirement is so low then it will be attracting students with low IB scores.

• Like 1

It's not a good University. It's one of the many London Universities which nobody has ever actually really heard of.

To be honest, any University in the UK which has to give out scholarships to get students is not a good University. Rotten, but that's how it is.

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about applying to Edinburgh to study economics, and according to our Ib coordinater, if applying to UK schools, it's kind of pointles getting a degree from a school which requires 24-30 points, as it shows that basically anyone can get in. So the main point is = only apply to UK schools if it's a good school (partly due to the fact that it's pretty expensive), and i find it quite obvious that if a school offers scholarships to all international applicants (if i understood correctly) it goes to show that they're in need of international students in the school. So if your PG's are ok, i would definately encourage you to apply to some better schools. PLUS, at least our coordinater said that if you want to work in your home country, you should go to a school well known, as chances are, many domestic employers will not have heard of random uni's in the UK

• 2 weeks later...

Desy Glau, as far as I know the University of Westminster is more famous for its Art & Design and Media courses (source: my artsy friend who wants to go into graphic design). Looking at your IB subjects I don't think you want to go into Art & Design or Media, so I don't think this university is for you.

• Like 1