MLA Citation question

I'm using the kindle right and so I was wondering how I would site the page number in the text as there are no page numbers. Would I simply write the last name only?

I have a book written by Raymond Arsenault and it's called the freedom riders: 1961 and the struggle for racial justice

And I have a documentary directed by Stanley Nelson and the main person who is talking (Raymond Arsenault, Historian).

How do I cite these two in text?

(Arsenault 198) for book

and (Arsenault) for documentary?

Or (Arsenault, documentary)

I can't name the first word of the book and documentary as they are the same.

so maybe

(arsenault, Justice 198)

(arsentault, Freedom)

One more thing, how do I cite a transcript? I have the transcript of the documentary lol

HELLPPPPPP PLEEEASEEE

can't you use the Citation feature on Ms.Word? it's awesome... you just need to choose the citation style (MLA in your case), choose the source type, put in all the info required about the source and it will automatically do the thing for you.

at first I also didn't trust it but my EE supervisor recommended me to just use it so yeah...

If you're doing an in-text citation from a novel then just write the author's name and then the page number. So, for example (Arsenault 142) would be for a quote you found on page 142 of The Freedom Riders.

For end-of-text citation problems, this site is great. Just type in whatever you know and it makes an MLA/APA/whatever style citation for you. :D

http://www.easybib.com/

I'm using the kindle right and so I was wondering how I would site the page number in the text as there are no page numbers. Would I simply write the last name only?

I have a book written by Raymond Arsenault and it's called the freedom riders: 1961 and the struggle for racial justice

And I have a documentary directed by Stanley Nelson and the main person who is talking (Raymond Arsenault, Historian).

How do I cite these two in text?

(Arsenault 198) for book

and (Arsenault) for documentary?

Or (Arsenault, documentary)

I can't name the first word of the book and documentary as they are the same.

so maybe

(arsenault, Justice 198)

(arsentault, Freedom)

One more thing, how do I cite a transcript? I have the transcript of the documentary lol

Hi Samantha,

The two sources in your bibliography would look like this:

Arsenault, Raymond. Freedom Riders: 1961 and the Struggle for Racial Justice. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2006. Print.

Freedom Riders. Dir. Raymond Stanley. Perf. Raymond Aresnault. FirelightMedia, 2009. Film.

(I'm not sure whether I reffered to the correct sources. Also remember that if the reference carries on to a second line, you should indent that line by about half an inch.)

You may choose to seperate types of sources in your bliography and have sub-headings for 'books', 'articles', 'film' ect. Your instructor's / supervisor's advice should prevail.

As for how you will cite these in text I dont think your problem exists because you should be refering to the director of the film and not the actors or interviwees within the film. (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/09/)

So your in-text citations would be (Arsentault 241) and (Nelson) with respect to the book and film.

Have a look at the links here for more guidance: