English Extended Essay Help!

samB

Hi! So, I want to do my EE on Khaled Hosseini's books A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner and the problem is that I don't have any idea what to write about. Please, can anyone help me by suggesting some possible interesting titles? I'd really appreciate that. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm interested in cultures, values and how different societies treat women..etc.

I agree with Ezeh, plus... you gotta make your mind up first, if you don't know what you can write about you might consider changing your EE topic since many times if you start bad you'll keep on going the same direction. Reevaluate your possibilities a little more and perhaps you'll come up with something more interesant and more similar to your tastes. :D

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for helping me :) Well, I think I want my topic to be women and different ethnic groups in Afghanistan. And, my research question would be ''How does Khaled Hosseini presents different cultural attitudes towards women and different ethnic groups in his novels 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' ''? And, by the way, does the title and research question mean the same? And, does it matter if I write about women and as well about racism among the people in his novels. By the way, do you think my research question/title needs to be improved?

And, am I allowed to write about Afghan culture in my essay and the reason why people act the way the act even if I have English A1. Since I have many Afghans friends I know a lot about their culture, religion, and different beliefs and values.

Thanks again in advance.

Edited by samB

Hey there..so im sure i can help you polish up your topic a bit...i did my EE in English as well..just finished my viva voce actually=)

So your current topic is: "How does Khaled Hosseini presents different cultural attitudes towards women and different ethnic groups in his novels 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'"?

I think thats quite a good topic to look at..but it may be a bit too broad. Since his books are about Afghan women and there is alot of differentiation between men and women because its an Islamic country. Since you're also a woman you could bring in the issue of oppression towards women and your views on it.

So my suggestion for your topic could be:

"How does Khaled Hosseini present the oppression of women and ethnic differences in his novels 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'?"

Since the oppression of women is already a wide topic..and so is ethnic differences...talk about narrowing it down to maybe one aspect with your supervisor. You want your essay to be tight with your knowledge of the books you have chosen and not scattered.

Just a little something for you to think about.

Hope that helped=) If you want more help dont be scared to send me a pm=)

• Like 1

Hey there..so im sure i can help you polish up your topic a bit...i did my EE in English as well..just finished my viva voce actually=)

So your current topic is: "How does Khaled Hosseini presents different cultural attitudes towards women and different ethnic groups in his novels 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'"?

I think thats quite a good topic to look at..but it may be a bit too broad. Since his books are about Afghan women and there is alot of differentiation between men and women because its an Islamic country. Since you're also a woman you could bring in the issue of oppression towards women and your views on it.

So my suggestion for your topic could be:

"How does Khaled Hosseini present the oppression of women and ethnic differences in his novels 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'?"

Since the oppression of women is already a wide topic..and so is ethnic differences...talk about narrowing it down to maybe one aspect with your supervisor. You want your essay to be tight with your knowledge of the books you have chosen and not scattered.

Just a little something for you to think about.

Hope that helped=) If you want more help dont be scared to send me a pm=)

Thanks sooooo much!!!!! :)