How many studies to include in the 8 mark vs 22 mark?

Access Denied

How many studies to include in the 8 mark vs 22 mark?

i am writing up some pre prepared answers as study notes however 22 mark questions seem to be incredibly long if i include the method strengths weaknesses and linking it up to the topic for four different studies

how much detail do we include and how many are needed

thank you so much

It is a question of quality vs quantity. In the end it doesn't really matter how many studies you include as long as you fulfill the assessment criteria. A good test would be to see how much you can physically write in an hour :). I would say its more important to include fewer studies but evaluate them than include tons of studies with no evaluation. Of course you can use studies to evaluate other studies as well.

• 6 months later...

I don't think there's an exact number, as long as you use relevant studies that help you argue your point well. My tutor suggest evaluating studies by GMEC: referring to Gender, Methodology, Ethnicity, and Cultural issues, which can help you to challenge the validity of findings.

Hope this helps!!:)

I agree with ^

As long as you use studies to back up your point, there's no limit. But I wouldn't recommend foregoing analysis to describe in detail heaps of studies. My teacher always tells us that the analysis is the important bit, because the examiners will know a number of studies, especially the more well-known ones used in textbooks, so I wouldn't tell a long story about the experiment and what they did because it takes up too much time that could be better spent writing other things.

Edited by sarahlouise

• 1 month later...

I understand others haven't given you an exact amount of how many studies you should put in the LAQ but personally I would go for 2 studies and make sure to evaluate it in depth and of course and introduction and conclusion. However as for the SAQ I suggest to use one study or two but the second one should be brief and to have a different point of argument than the first study. I hope that helps, I use this method of writing essays for both 8 and 22 mark questions. If anybody can improve my method please do so, I'd like to find out!