Desperate about studying abroad !

pennywise256

I really don't much care about the country, it might be either the UK, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Sweden, the USA, Luxembourg, Italy, France, etc. The thing is to move away.

I dream every night with a new life, apart from all I know. New places, new friends, new traditions, new experiences, either good or bad, but different. I'm sick of the same thing everyday. About to start full IB, I already study everyday a lot. I read math and philosophy books almost daily, and plan my extended essay in every moment. I plan to score above 35 including core points. However, I am unable to pay the costs of studying abroad, even tuition-free countries like Germany or Finland are to expensive for me. Do you know any strategy ? I really need to go away from here.

I have looked into some universities sites from around the world, and some of them offer a number of scholarships, but it's too much information, and I end up just the same way. Do you now any programme ? Have you ever heard about Erasmus Mundus ? I can't get it at all.

Could I share a room with another person in order to pay less ? How to contact interested people ? A greatly considered option is Finland, I need at least €6000 a year to be granted a residence permit. what should I do ? I still have to years to plan. I'm so desperate, please help me :S

My country is member of few organisations to get benefits from. I'm from Mexico, and most of European universities don't offer plenty of opportunities to us.

thank you all for your help.

thank god that you are noticing this urgent shift you want to make in your life. You have plenty of time to research, research and do more research. Surf the internet as you surf on the sea. Check every university webpage and its requirements. I´d advise that you take the SAT this year as it is required in USA and Canada. Take it! Canadian universities love IB students and give plenty of scolarships, and they usually require SAT scores. Work your ass of in IB and study constantly. Narrow your carreer/major studies to 2 or 3 so you can check on unis that offer the program. Best of luck, and remember you have plenty of time to think!!! :D

• Like 1

I´d advise that you take the SAT this year as it is required in USA and Canada. Take it! Canadian universities love IB students and give plenty of scolarships, and they usually require SAT scores.

I just wanted to point out that Canadian universities only require SAT scores if you are applying from the US.

IB is well-known in Canada and yes there are scholarships for international students. I would imagine that they are competitive since there are quite a few international students. Just take your time and look around on the internet. Read about the nature of the program and the requirements carefully. If you're unsure of what exactly you want to study, make sure you pick a subject combination that will let you pursure many possible university degrees. Keep your grades as high as you can but don't stress yourself out too much. Good luck =)

• Like 1