Senior Trip 2012

White94

Heyy,

I'm about to enter my final year of the IB. The class I will be going on senior trip with have every intention of completing as much as planning possible for senior trip as possible before February.( a) it's cheaper and b) one less thing to worry about)

I was just wondering whether anyone had any suggestions or anything about where they went/want to go?

Thanks

In Slovenia, every August before the begging of the last school year, thousands of students (pretty much every to-be Senior) goes to Greece, mostly Corfu, and we all have wonderful 7 days of primarily consuming alcohol, non stop partying and lots of love. Its crazy and when you come back you are so tired that you sleep for 2 days straight. That is "official unofficial" trip, meaning teachers don't go with you.

The official trip is 3 months before that, where you go with a bus and some teachers to some neighboring country (mostly Italy or Austria) for a few days. Before it was 7 days as well as it consisted of going to distant locations, but last year when they went to Amsterdam a few IB students while being drunk somehow (I have no f****** idea how) stole a car and crashed in the wall just for fun, so now they only let this trip be 3 days long. It is mandatory for all students, and it is unexcused absence if you don't go.

I don't think my school does a senior trip, but I am planning a trip of my own to go on after I finish school next year, kind of like my own personal "senior trip." So far it is just me and my little sister but it could have more people going, and we were planning to go to Europe, probably to Spain or Germany, we aren't sure yet. Now convincing my parents to let me do this is another story, but I'd love to visit Germany before I go off to university.

Most of the time it's the graduating year which plan their own senior trip, so you could round a few people up I'm sure. If it helps, Germany's a great (and safe) place to visit. It's amazing at Christmas with all the markets, but that's irrelevant, sorry. I would recommend taking a trip with your friends and things, like a farewell trip.

• 1 month later...