EE Philosophy and History. What's your topic?

Procrastination

I don't think this is a good idea. At all. In fact this is a very bad idea until AFTER they have gotten their IB scores back so this would only be good for 2011 candidates and earlier. Anything from people after that could be considered plagiarism is someone takes their topic...and then IB finds 2 of the exact same topic >.< Just a thought.

When it comes to plagiarism, I don't think the IBO checks for it that extensively - it is mainly the responsibility of the school to make sure it's not plagiarised, and even if someone does copy a topic off someone else it's quite likely that the work as well as the further changes after feedback sessions will show that it's the candidate's own work. Also, it's quite likely that some of the more common topics (eg. Hitler or WWII in history) will have been done several times with very nearly the same title. So, even if someone does copy an EE title, it's not really a problem - furthermore, many people post theirs online (eg. TSR's EE topic thread with hundreds of replies). My own essay is on the internet in its entirety, which my school is aware of. Even if you post it in an online forum and your school suspects you of plagiarism it's easy enough to check whether the author of the post is you (eg. country of origin and subject choices or even logging into the particular account).

Back to the point, my EE topic can be seen in my signature; "What were the effects of Finlandisation on Finnish comprehensive school history textbooks in the 1970s?".

Edited by Cynthia

I've always found diplomacy interesting. I chose history, in which I am writing about appeasement and how that affected the uprising of WW2, including chaimberlains views and effects towards the outcome. Havent really centered myself onto a specific title but got loads of information written down, now it's time to edit. fml.