Failing condition in the 2nd year of IB

realtaste

Hey. Recently i just finished my 2nd year of the IB programme, with a failing condition in 3 subjects. The reason for this is 100% my fault, as I have almost never done any studying after school during the whole year in which i am starting to regret. Is there still chance for me if I reconsider my studyplanning etc. to pass the ib with good grades? would it be possible to almost recap the whole ib in less than a year?

I assume that you by second year you mean the first year in the actual IB Diploma Programme.

I have not yet enrolled in the Dimploma Programme myself, but I know of people who were situations similar to yours.

If you work incredibly hard over the summer, and work as hard as you can during your last year, you might be able to end up doing well in the end.

However, it is not going to be easy.

Edited by Sammie Backman

I'm not an optimist, but if you are, yes there is still a chance that your marks will improve if you are determined to work hard and seriously change your study habits.

it's not impossible.

I know a friend who was extreeeeeeeeeeeemely lazy (seriously very lazy!), never did his homework and always got low grades in topic tests..but at the end, in his real IGCSE Additional Maths exam, he got an A. everybody in my class was surprised, our teachers also, because we didn't expect him to do so well! and in Add-Math! it's meant to be far more difficult than the normal Math!

it's never too late to change for the better :) don't forget ora et labora ;) I wish you good luck in IB2!! :gluck:

Edited by Desy Glau