Bibliography question...

anne.antoinette

I am writing my IA and I looked in the guide and it says 'The bibliography should specify: author/s, title, date and place of publication, and the name of the publisher, and should follow consistently one standard method of listing sources.'

I want to include a dictionary and I dont know if I have all the information needed :blink: Would this be correct? A S Hornby, Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary of Current English Sixth edition, Oxford University Press, 2000

Also, should I just write: According to .... this is '....' and then put the dictionary information into the bibliography or is there another way to do it?

Are footnotes good to use? What should be put in them? (if anyone has a guide on how to insert them into the damn documents... :read: my word will not co-operate with me!)

http://citationmachine.net/index2.php?reqstyleid=1&mode=form&reqsrcid=MLAReference&more=yes&nameCnt=1

Use this to make the citation, it'll be MLA format. When using it in your paper you can use a parenthetical citations which looks "something like this" in a paper (Hornby pg#) for the first one and then just the pg# for any others afterwards. I assumed Hornby was the last name of the main editor of the dictionary, if it's not you need to use his/her last name instead :P