Extended Essay Survey - Please help and fill it out! :)

alramsey

Hi guys!

This is my very first post. I came across IBSurvival and thought that you all could help me out with my EE.

I am doing an ITGS EE with the (current) research question:

"To what extent does the benefit of sharing private information in social networking sites outweigh the risks they carry for teenagers aged 13-19?"

I believe that almost everyone here does have a Facebook/Twitter account, no? :D That's why I think this is the right place to find people for my survey. To do my essay, I have to know what teenagers around the world think about the issue of "open privacy" in the world wide web. Do you think it is secure to share things about ourselves in the internet? Do you ever considered the dangers of doing so? Where do you think is the line between sharing and overexposing? Such questions are forming my ideas on this topic.

Here is my survey:

EXTENDED ESSAY SURVEY

I really really REAAAALLY appreciate if you fill it out :hug:

Thank you!

PS: I hope you are still a teenager (13-19 years old) when filling out this survey. But if you're older, it doesn't matter, though :angel:

hey, took your survey. I LOVE your EE topic.

have you done an interview btw? I'm offering some help here.

I've been involved in various cyber bullying and I've had various experiences with online strangers.

example: one said he wanted to come to indonesia and adopt me.

I just think that I might help in supporting your points, because I've had good and bad experiences with the internet. I'm definitely a good source, if you need an interview.

PM me if you are interested to interview me (online) for your EE and I'll give you my MSN or email address or something.

hope to be able to help. let me know soon!

hey, desy! YES, ABSOLUTELY! it would be a great help for me!

i havent started doing interviews yet, but I'm going to like do a little experiment where I will just casually talk to a person and collect all the information i can get from that conversation, then i will go to his/her facebook/twitter page and see whether I can retrieve more or less information about that person compared to when talking directly. But I think you gave me an additional idea to interview teenagers that are victims of social networking. So, yes, absolutely!

How could we arrange it? You're also from Indonesia, right?

• 1 month later...

Done! I'm new here but I know how hard an extended essay is (I'm currently editting my draft). I needed to send surveys to companies for mine and I really needed them filled in. So I understand your situation and I've filled in your survey sincerely.

Automatically generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Please post surveys in the EE survey topic. There is no need to reply to survey posts when you have completed a survey. Thank you.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff