Sign in to follow this  

ITGS EE - Advantages of Cloud Computing

So my Extended Essay is on the advantages of Cloud Computing in a corporate environment. Now I have various research papers, information and books to help me out.

The only problem is that I cant really figure out how to sort it all out and what pattern to follow. How exactly should I break it up? I can mention the social,ethical advantages but what else?

And should I mention disadvantages as well? Even thought my title says otherwise?

ANY other help/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Well I didn't do ITGS but no. 1 for me is that this EE title is asking you to produce a narrative EE. Narratives rarely (never?) do well. You need to say more than just the what, but also the 'why', 'how' and 'does it work'?

As I said, I don't know enough about ITGS to know whether this would make sense as a title, but something along the lines of "Why choose cloud computing in a corporate environment?" might be better. You could be more critical, more analytical, get in both advantages and disadvantages and also you shouldn't have any problems with the outline of your essay, because you're effectively arguing it out until you conclude with.. well, whatever it is! I assume it's overall a good thing even though I know very little about cloud computing, purely because I know people use it :P But yeah, if you pose the question of "why do we use it?" I imagine it'll be a much easier essay to write, as well as a stronger one.

i'm currently also doing my itgs ee about social networks and i'm starting out with searching articles about that topic, reading them and highlighting the main points i could use in my essay. now, from that, i'm doing a survey (i believe ITGS ee always requires a survey) about that topic. yet, i havent started on the essay at all.

however, you could also check out past ITGS ee-s and follow their patterns. at least that's what i do.

hope this helps :)

Thank you both for your replys,

I don't really think I would do a survey...I've seen two ITGS EE's from that "50 EXCELLENT EXTENDED ESSAYS" website: http://www.tedbursa.k12.tr/ib/html/itgs.html

Both didn't require surveys...I AM doing an interview though with this guy from Silicon valley. He's the head of a Cloud Computing firm there.

Could any of you suggest some good interview questions?

When you form your ee research question try to make it opened ended, for ex.to what extent. as how to organize it i have seen they usually give a little history about their it system so maybe mention talk about cloud computing and maybe servers. then talk about you social and ethical issues then follow up with your conclusion/solution. hopes this help

hey, i read that RFID example too! and btw it DOES have a survey, check its appendix. it questioned students regarding the use of RFID in schools, if i remember it right. but yeah, it's your choice, i personally think surveys are a good way to know people's opinions about a particular thing :)

btw, would you really interview someone from silicon valley?? how would you do that?? (unless ur living there or have direct contact...)

So my Extended Essay is on the advantages of Cloud Computing in a corporate environment. Now I have various research papers, information and books to help me out.

The only problem is that I cant really figure out how to sort it all out and what pattern to follow. How exactly should I break it up? I can mention the social,ethical advantages but what else?

And should I mention disadvantages as well? Even thought my title says otherwise?

ANY other help/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Instead of just sticking to describe the advantages of cloud computing, i believe it would be good if we respect the counterarguments related to cloud computing. like it cant be accessed unless that person is in reach of the internet, but they should not be too many otherwise the essay might not turn out to be according to its topic, the advantages, that would be my suggestion.